Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Fuzzard's First Flight... WTF? (Super Mario Galaxy 2 related)

How the heck does it work? I've done the tutorial twice and I have no clue how to make that bird glide correctly. I put the Wiimote flat like shown on the tutorial, but every time I try to do the real thing (like diving or slowing the condor down by tilting the Wiimote), the condor just crashes on rocks and everything! To tell you how bad it is, I can't even get the first red ballon at the beginning. Sometimes, I get to the third barrier but I always crash into it because I bounce back from hitting the rock surface!

Is there something I'm doing wrong? Perhaps my sensor bar is misplaced or something? I'm seriously frustrated by this because something that seems so simple is somehow complicated for no valid reason.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Around the Network

Upon further research on the Interwebs, I came across this video:

For some reason, it seems to work really well for him... Maybe what I'm doing wrong is that I'm just pointing at the screen and not moving my arm enough (not hand, arm)??

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

It's not that hard to do- it's prolly your sensor bar or something

try going back a little more, that might work maybe

Are you having problems turning or diving? If I remember correctly, to turn you need to rotate the Wiimote like a key in a lock, and to dive you need to lower the front of the Wiimote.

I don't think it's the sensor bar since it works from rotation rather than IR pointing. Don't worry about actually pointing at the screen.

No, no, don't point at the screen! That's what's doing you in! You just need to hold the Wiimote dead level and then twist and tilt as necessary--snagging starbits and the like should be a very minor concern.

Around the Network

OK, I got it, but I had to stand up and point the Wiimote wayyy up to make the condor glide normally. I checked all my sensor bar settings and everything seemed fine too... I also did it Wii Sports Resort "Airplane" style and it seemed to help.

I'm sure there's going to be another glide part in the game and I want to get it right next time (otherwise they wouldn't call the star "First Flight"). :/

Oh, and I just wanted to say that I was doing the moves correctly and everything while pointing at the screen. I mean, I'm not that stupid...! But it didn't seem to register when I was sitting down.

Random game thought :

Sensor Bar doesn't do anything, hold it level, rotate left and rotate right like you are turning a door knob.

It worked perfect for me.

SHMUPGurus said:

OK, I got it, but I had to stand up and point the Wiimote wayyy up to make the condor glide normally. I checked all my sensor bar settings and everything seemed fine too... I also did it Wii Sports Resort "Airplane" style and it seemed to help.

I'm sure there's going to be another glide part in the game and I want to get it right next time (otherwise they wouldn't call the star "First Flight"). :/

Oh, and I just wanted to say that I was doing the moves correctly and everything while pointing at the screen. I mean, I'm not that stupid...! But it didn't seem to register when I was sitting down.

Good to hear not get all the stars from that level =)

Yeah, I was having fun playing the game and this kind of ruined the moment sadly. :/

I guess I'll go sleep and enjoy the rest of the game in the morning!

Random game thought :

SHMUPGurus said:
Yeah, I was having fun playing the game and this kind of ruined the moment sadly. :/

I guess I'll go sleep and enjoy the rest of the game in the morning!

I disliked doing the gliding at first myself, but it grows on ya its actually pretty fun as you keep going to a 100% of that Galaxy