By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will there ever be a 3d mario game that isn't star finder mario?

Will there ever be a 3d mario game that isn't star finder mario?

Yes 18 20.00%

No 21 23.33%

That would be the best thing ever 18 20.00%

that would never work 6 6.67%

YOU DARE TAKE AWAY MY EXP... 18 20.00%

other junk answers :b 9 10.00%

Total:90
Khuutra said:
Euphoria14 said:
scottie said:
3d environments require more disk space to store and man hours to create, Nintendo choose to have multiple stars in each world in 3d Mario because it means they can put huge amounts of detail and thought into each world without meaning that the game takes too long or costs too much to make, and I doubt this will change next gen when Ninty are making HD games

I agree about more man hours, but SMG2 is only ~1.5GB.

Torrents tend to have much better compression going on...

I believe the 1.3GB is for the cISO, but the main disk image is ~4.3GB.

I don't think the game uses a dual layered DVD.

You'd be surprised at how much dummy data is on these games. Wii Sports for example is ~300MB.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:
Khuutra said:
Euphoria14 said:

You'd be surprised at how much dummy data is on these games. Wii Sports for example is ~300MB.

Very interesting, then. Nintendo can fit a lot of content out of relatively few assets

Khuutra said:
Euphoria14 said:
Khuutra said:
Euphoria14 said:

Very interesting, then. Nintendo can fit a lot of content out of relatively few assets

Yeah I have noticed that. They have many games that are fairly large content wise yet the disc image size is pretty small.

They are masters of space conservation.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

"Boy I would prefer you not make post like this. Effort, man! Efffort!"

You don't bother to actually respond, and you're claiming I didn't make an effort?

It looked like you just couldn't counter the post, so try to dismiss it.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

LordTheNightKnight said:

You don't bother to actually respond, and you're claiming I didn't make an effort?

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/post.php?post=3433113&page=1&postnum=49

What do you call this typo-ridden monstrosity if not a response?

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
LordTheNightKnight said:

Point out the typos. And don't confuse an odd sentence flow for a typo.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

LordTheNightKnight said:
Khuutra said:

....Why the Hell do you want me to point out typos in my own post?

I called a man a critical analysis instead of a critical analyst

I used "yuou"

I used "conjection" when I meant "conjecture". This examples are just eye-catching, rather than comprehensive.

What's the point of this exercise, exactly?

Khuutra said:
Euphoria14 said:
Khuutra said:
Euphoria14 said:

Oh you have no idea.  Brain Age is something crazy like 10 or 20 MB and will probably outsell any game that is ever put on a Blu-Ray disc.  Aside from a few crazy-giant games like Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Metroid Prime Trilogy, Nintendo makes the smallest games by a large margin.  A bigger game is more often a sign of sloppy programming than more content.  Only Nintendo and some wackos like Will Wright who understand the power of procedural generation really know how to minimize game size while maximizing options and fun.  Have you ever seen some of the stuff that the procedural indie guys can do in the demo scene?

Nintendo hides resources everywhere like crazy.  Even in the first Super Mario Bros., they used the same graphic for the cloud and the bush.  They just changed the color.  They're the kings of crazy shortcuts like that.  If you look at the list of the best selling games of all time, not only are the top 10 Nintendo games, but they're probably some of the smallest games made for their respective consoles.

The Ghost of RubangB said:
Khuutra said:

Oh you have no idea.  Brain Age is something crazy like 10 or 20 MB and will probably outsell any game that is ever put on a Blu-Ray disc.  Aside from a few crazy-giant games like Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Metroid Prime Trilogy, Nintendo makes the smallest games by a large margin.  A bigger game is more often a sign of sloppy programming than more content.  Only Nintendo and some wackos like Will Wright who understand the power of procedural generation really know how to minimize game size while maximizing options and fun.  Have you ever seen some of the stuff that the procedural indie guys can do in the demo scene?

Nintendo hides resources everywhere like crazy.  Even in the first Super Mario Bros., they used the same graphic for the cloud and the bush.  They just changed the color.  They're the kings of crazy shortcuts like that.  If you look at the list of the best selling games of all time, not only are the top 10 Nintendo games, but they're probably some of the smallest games made for their respective consoles.

Your whole post is very interesting as a read and makes me want to look up some figures, but:

Brain Age is something crazy like 10 or 20 MB
What.

Khuutra said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
Khuutra said:

....Why the Hell do you want me to point out typos in my own post?

I called a man a critical analysis instead of a critical analyst

I used "yuou"

I used "conjection" when I meant "conjecture". This examples are just eye-catching, rather than comprehensive.

What's the point of this exercise, exactly?

Oh, I thought you were claiming my post had typos.

And it's still not a response, when you treat a key point as something I somehow wasn't supposed to type. That's a BS response.