By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rumored Killzone 3 Details Including MP Options & Releases Time

We here at PSB have been tipped with new details rumoured to be included in Guerilla's upcoming sequel, Killzone 3. The source has been proved right by the prediction of snow levels and the inclusion of 3D, so only time will tell if the details below are indeed true to the game.

-A fairly obvious one - The PlayStation Move will somehow feature in the gameplay. (Presumably optional)

-The multiplayer mode will include vehicles.

-The player can choose between 8 different classes.

-These classes can be personalized with a new 'Reward System', but only appearence and classes can be changed.

-Guerrilla is also working on a 2 player co-op mode, and a 4 player objective mode.

-The game is seemingly also scheduled for release in May of next year.

Every day these tidbits of news creep out and only serve to increase the phenomenal hype that already surrounds the game. We for one can't wait for more concrete info and videos. Let us know what you think in the comment section.

http://www.psbeyond.com/news/Rumour-New-Killzone-3-Details.1444.html

Just in case you were wondering as to when Killzone 3 will release, you won’t be seeing the game this year. Killzone 3, formally announced by Sony and Guerilla Games today, will launch with full stereoscopic 3D support.

The question is what percentage of PS3 gamers will actually own a 3D-capable TV when the game launches? Not many will own one this year, and probably not that many next year. However, at least us 2D gamers will have a “properly f***ing nuts” game to look forward to despite our lacking tech.

Killzone 3 is set to release for the PlayStation 3 in 2011, as revealed by Guerilla Games’ managing director, Hermen Hulst, at the game’s press unveiling in Amsterdam.

http://www.playstationuniversity.com/killzone-3-scheduled-for-2011-release-3853/

looks like it will go head to head with gears3 in terms of release dates

Play Me

Around the Network

Vehicles in Multiplayer?!! 2P CO OP?!! 4 CO OP?!!!

If true....

DAY 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BHR-3 said:

-Guerrilla is also working on a 2 player co-op mode, and a 4 player objective mode.

i.....  ....................

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

I've been putting away $100 every week for 3 months now, so by the time 3D tv's are in stores i should be able to walk in and drop 3 grand easy on a 3d tele. Saving is the way to go people, no credit cards, or borrowing money just save for a few months.
Its about time i bought a new tv anyway, my LCD flat screen will be 6 years old in January so its time for an update.

Where did I read this before? Yes I read it here

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2010/05/24/killzone-3-announced-and-playable-in-3d/#comment-75957

- Killzone 3 can be played with the Playstation Move
- The multiplayer will feature small vehicles that can be used
- The player can choose from 8 different classes
- The classes can be personalized with a new reward system
- But only the characters appearance and the perks can be changed
- Guerilla Games is also working on a 2 player coop mode
- And on a 4 player objective coop mode
- The game is planned to be released in May 2011

Kinda sad that the "mysterious source" for PSB is a random poster on the EU blog.

Around the Network
Severance said:
BHR-3 said:

i.....  ....................

Jizz in your pants?  This would so rock if true!

Currently playing

MLB 09: The Show(PS3)

The multiplayer mode will include vehicles. - I hope this isn't true.
Guerrilla is also working on a 2 player co-op mode. - If true, I hope this doesn't weaken the experience...

4 ≈ One

Dgc1808 said:
The multiplayer mode will include vehicles. - I hope this isn't true.
Guerrilla is also working on a 2 player co-op mode. - If true, I hope this doesn't weaken the experience...

KZ2 actually had vehicles in multiplayer during the early stages of development. They took them out though because they were difficult to implement.

Given that it's been confirmed the sequel will have larger open areas, they may have decided to re-introduce them.

I pray all of this is true, Killzone 2 wasn't my favorite game but with all these additions killzone 3 maybe.

They have to be extremely huge for me to feel okay with Vehicles.

4 ≈ One