By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox 360 Arcade now bundled with Viva Pinata and Banjo N&B.

fastyxx said:
Two solid games, but marketed as kid games - yet a bit complex for some kids, I'd think. Viva is great. Banjo is good.

By the time buyer realises it it's too late as they already have X360 in home ;) 

And that package just screams "I'm a kid friendly console buy me" perfect for summer.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network
Chris Hu said:
I see this as another sign that a slim is just around the corner MS never did spring bundles on the arcade before and never had a arcade bundle come with two games.

Well the Arcade unit has been $200 for a few years now. I assume the consoles have become cheaper to produce and simply bundling it with 1st party games is more profitable than a price cut.

If a Slim is coming than I presume there will be atleast a $50 price cut.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
Chris Hu said:
I see this as another sign that a slim is just around the corner MS never did spring bundles on the arcade before and never had a arcade bundle come with two games.

Well the Arcade unit has been $200 for a few years now. I assume the consoles have become cheaper to produce and simply bundling it with 1st party games is more profitable than a price cut.

If a Slim is coming than I presume there will be atleast a $50 price cut.

It's not only more profitable but It's also the smartest thing they can do. I severely doubt Banjo and VP are still selling like hotcakes, and since MS owns rare it costs them nothing in terms of paying anyone off to bundle the games. If MS were to become desperate they could still get away with bundling and cutting the price for massive damage.

It's just that simple.

Darth Tigris said:
Banjo is the greatest game this gen nobody played.

I picked it up from FYE recently and began playing it. Totally hooked. I really don't get the Rare hate. I couldn't get into Viva Pinata, but between Banjo and Kameo they've done a great job giving that old Rare feel in their products. 

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.