By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will PS3 outsell the Wii WW once shortages are fixed by the 40nm model?

Will PS3 outsell the Wii WW once shortages are fixed by the 40nm model?

Yes 143 25.49%

No 418 74.51%

Total:561
Kai Master said:

A "supply" feature on VGC would be great too, that's part of the VG sales world in my opinion.

You could (which would be shipment numbers), but it wouldn't be worth it. It would always be greater or equal to sales and would be based somewhat on sales. We care moe about sales because that is where the money is going.

Around the Network
Buzzi said:
jarrod said:
Ail said:
Doubtfull.
However I think PS3 software has a shot at outpacing Wii software on a more frequent basis in the next 6 months...( only reason Wii is still on top the last 2 months is because of the Wii bundling..)

Doubtful.  Bundling is actually going to push Wii software more now that WSR is being bundled in America, plus Wii has quite a few big titles coming over the next several months (Mario Galaxy 2, Metroid OM, DQM Battle Road, etc).  The only reason PS3's even been close the past several months is higher profile releases in Q1 like GOW3 and FFXIII, but it's pretty dry now for summer...

That is the point. Even if PS3 is up YoY still the numbers are poor, the Wii will be on top about every week of this year but it's not Wii's credit, it's just everything isn't selling that well.

It looks Americans do not love Black Wii, but Wii Sports Resort sales will be up next weeks compared to April sales...Galaxy 2 will outsell the first one and the evergreen Wii titles will continue selling till new, big games arrive (Wii Party,Wii Relax, Zelda). PS3 software has a shot of outselling Wii Software in September or October, but during summer its impossible (outside of Japan).

Speaking of hardware just a big price cut (like from 300$ to 200$) can push the PS3 to first position. I know it is impossible they cut their profits just gained but after that Nintendo could just cut Wii's price, it would be impossible for a 200$ Wii with no third party software to outsell a 200$ PS3 with so many exclusives.

Casual gamers, or just people who never really played many video games, will still pick Nintendo's exclusives over many of the exclusives the PS3 offers.  As of right now, of course.

This signature is lacking in beef.

Nintendogamer said:
Wii is kind of supply constrained, half the time it's out of stock( literally, 50%). So I doubt Ps3 will be higher of both were not supply contrained,

Not sure where you're going, but I always see Wii in stock. Hell, Target has them sitting right next to the Cash registers. Both the black and the white models...

nope but maybe it come close in sales

Nintendogamer said:
Wii is kind of supply constrained, half the time it's out of stock( literally, 50%). So I doubt Ps3 will be higher of both were not supply contrained,

This implies that Wii will outsell PS3 whenever it's not constrained or they are both constrained, while PS3 could outsell Wii IF PS3 NOT constrained AND Wii constrained.

So the the answer should be Yes, but specifying that it won't happen often, but only in a minority of cases.

This not taking into account good or bad timing for HW & SW announces and launches and price drops, that could  either widen or shrink or even nullify the occurrences.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network

Wii > HD

At least sales-wise.