By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Joystiq: "Super Mario Galaxy 2 is the best Mario game ever."

Mr.Aunoma...working really hard now!

Around the Network

Wow, to say it's the best Mario game ever, I hope they're right.

my looking at the few videos I've seen, it does seem to go beyong what the first Galaxy did. Still, I knew this game was going to be great, but the huge amount of positive reviews were higher than I expected!

Currently Playing: Mario Kart 7, Mario Kart 8, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Super Smash Bros for Wii U

Predictions:

Super Mario Galaxy will pass Super Mario 64 in total sales CORRECT!

SaviorX said:
The hype is out of control at this point.
I was excited for Galaxy 2 more than Galaxy 1 that I never played, but now I'm in frenzy mode.

Play Galaxy 1 first because if you play Galaxy 2 first, it will make Galaxy 1 look like crap.

I'm unbeatable at Mario Kart Wii and Pokémon Battle Revolution!

Dare to try?

http://www.wii-games-wii.com/images/Mario-kart-wii.jpg" width="124" height="100"> http://awschrick.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/pokemon-battle-revolution-wii-1.jpg" width="126" height="88"> 

I'm not too far into Galaxy 2 but I have to say that I liked the first Galaxy a little more.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Around the Network
SmokedHostage said:
I'm not too far into Galaxy 2 but I have to say that I liked the first Galaxy a little more.

That's my first impression too.  Maybe the game gets a lot better, but to me so far it feels like a continuation more than a sequel (not that that's a bad thing).  All I'm saying is that all of the things that wowed me in the first one aren't really wowing me because I've already seen them.  The addition of Yoshi is nice, but that doesn't make it a better game.  Maybe I'll change my mind when I'm further into it.  I will say that both are marvelous games though.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Mr Khan said:
Mr. Fister said:
Cheebee said:
Cool... But what score did they give it? The review doesn't say?

Joystiq doesn't give scores to their reviews.

Which i greatly appreciate them for. Scoring is such a farce.

Meee tooo.

That said, can't wait to have money/time to buy and play this.

amp316 said:
SmokedHostage said:

That's my first impression too.  Maybe the game gets a lot better, but to me so far it feels like a continuation more than a sequel (not that that's a bad thing).  All I'm saying is that all of the things that wowed me in the first one aren't really wowing me because I've already seen them.  The addition of Yoshi is nice, but that doesn't make it a better game.  Maybe I'll change my mind when I'm further into it.  I will say that both are marvelous games though.

It gets better in World 2. Seriously.

guiduc said:
amp316 said:
SmokedHostage said:

It gets better in World 2. Seriously.

I believe you.  Like I said, maybe I'll change my mind.  :)

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

I'm about halfway through World 3 and I have to say that it is getting better, I just don't feel like it's a better game than its predecessor.

Pixel Art can be fun.