By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - would you have bought Alan Wake if it was AAA??

would you have bought Alan Wake if it was AAA??

Yes, I did not buy it because it was not AAA 31 10.65%

No the reviews would not affected my descion 79 27.15%

are you a sony fanboy?? 181 62.20%

Total:291

Yeah reviews may not say so but but this game is AAA. It starts slow but story sucks you in, by chapter 3 you are hooked. Also gameplay mechanics and controls are top notch...best in industry for this kind of game. Makes resident evil 4/5 controls feel like they are from the Atari era. It needs a bit more variety IMO but thats why it isn't 10/10...

I am at the 6th chapter now...and i will save my judgement for when I beat it but unless they completely fuck up everything this is AAA.

Around the Network
Grey21 said:
A demo could have helped Alan Wake, it didn't help splintercell but that was a bad demo. If the Alan Wake demo could make people curious about the story then it would certainly have sold better.

I haven't bought it myself but only because I stand by my X euros = X hours of gameplay standard. Atleast 75% of the X hours has to be from singleplayer aswell. This means I won't get many (if not most) console games until they are half priced and in Alan Wake's case I may have to get it second hand a few years from now.

That doesn't sound very smart to me to be honest.

Exciting stuff in this world is sold by the gram not by the kilo... Quality over quantity.

Besides I am over 10 hours in to Alan wake and these are 10 hours of quality fun and exciting gaming. While the game does not have much replay value...there are 2 episodes already in the works as DLC (one of which is free) Episodes are about 1.5-2 hours long.  So the whole experience should last you 15 hours for the price of the game. After which you can easily sell or trade the game and get 1/2 of your money back.

pbroy said:
You should listen to CGI.. He might be into chicks that look like dudes, but he isn't a bad person.. ~_n

WHAT!!!!

oh you mean the mighty boosh guy from Heavy rain.

disolitude said:
Grey21 said:
A demo could have helped Alan Wake, it didn't help splintercell but that was a bad demo. If the Alan Wake demo could make people curious about the story then it would certainly have sold better.

I haven't bought it myself but only because I stand by my X euros = X hours of gameplay standard. Atleast 75% of the X hours has to be from singleplayer aswell. This means I won't get many (if not most) console games until they are half priced and in Alan Wake's case I may have to get it second hand a few years from now.

That doesn't sound very smart to me to be honest.

Exciting stuff in this world is sold by the gram not by the kilo... Quality over quantity.

Besides I am over 10 hours in to Alan wake and these are 10 hours of quality fun and exciting gaming. While the game does not have much replay value...there are 2 episodes already in the works as DLC (one of which is free) Episodes are about 1.5-2 hours long.  So the whole experience should last you 15 hours for the price of the game. After which you can easily sell or trade the game and get 1/2 of your money back.

Yes yes quality over quantity and all that, but I only buy games I consider quality and that last long enough for full price. Now I'll experience Alan Wake when its cheap. Until then I'll only get quality and quanity all at once for full price. I think it is a smart move because by saving the short games for half price or less the long games will last me long enough until the small ones are cheaper. If I were to buy the Alan Wakes' and Spintercell' before the Fallout 3' and Red Dead Redemptions' then I'd be getting both for full price and have just as much hours to show for it.

Different coloured eyes but still...

Around the Network

Then again I'm one to talk
"Thanks bridesmaid, like the beard. Gives me something to hang on to."

No Red Dead: Redemption just came out.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

It's not AAA then? I thought it was supposed to be a really good game?

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

I would consider it but remedy made sure i won't be buying it by killing pc version. Now even if i get x360 i won't buy it out of principle (or i will get second hand copy).

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

EDIT: Nevermind, found out you can replay cinematics :)

Looked at achievements after I beat the game... missed 1 radio and tv show :(

Didn't even find half the chests lol

One gripe I have with the game (other than the lip-syncing was I always seemed to have way too much ammo or was out of ammo :P  How can I carry over 100 coffee thermoses but I can't hold more than 42 revolver bullets? :D

Unicorns ARE real - They are just fat, grey and called Rhinos