By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best racing game of May?

Best racing game of May?

Split/Second 7 20.59%

Blur 0 0%

ModNation Racers 27 79.41%

Total:34

Simple question, not so simple answer. Three great racing games are being released on the same month, and I've wanted to buy a racing game for years now, but to be honest, Burnout Paradise doesn't have Split-Screen and it isn't arcade (ewww at open world), didn't really like GT5:P, NFS peaked on Most Wanted, Dirt 2.. well, I have no idea why I didn't buy Dirt now that I think about it, I liked the demo... didn't have money for it I think lol Oh wow I've just derailed my own thread @_@ Anyway...

Which game do you think it will be the best racing game of May, and most likely the best racing title released so far in 2010 - sorry if I hurt any Anarchy:Rush Hour's fans :p

I honestly have no idea, Modnation Racers' demo completely changed my mind, the gameplay is a blast. Blur's Online modes on the other hand, look pretty damn good (wish Modnation Racers had different modes instead of just racing). Split/Second is... well, I didn't really fell in love for the demo, I had great expectations for it, but I can see myself playing it without getting bored - looks like two races on the same track will never be the same.

Don't forget to explain why :)

Around the Network

Split/Second Review: http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/14323202/splitsecond/videos/splitsecond_vdr_051410_v2.html

Blur Isnt out yet.

ModNation Racers Review: http://ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/14354797/mod-nation-racing/videos/modnation_ps3_vdr_010410.html

modnation racers, no competition

Modnation racers, the others are fun, but the creation and downloadable tools are is what takes the cake. You will have an infinite of content like LBP and it is super fun to play.

Will be Split/Second

Around the Network
Tuganuno said:

sorry if I hurt any Anarchy:Rush Hour's fans :p

Rofl there are fans for this game? i didn't even know it exists till i made this thread

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=109701&page=1&str=1615427490#

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Barozi said:
Will be Split/Second

did you play the demo Barozi ? its painfully slow and boring

i expected to be very intense , but your car drives slow and is heavy as hell, and the gimmick of destroying stuff is well.... a gimmick. it gets boring after you use it the first time.

Severance said:
Barozi said:
Will be Split/Second

did you play the demo Barozi ? its painfully slow and boring

i expected to be very intense , but your car drives slow and is heavy as hell, and the gimmick of destroying stuff is well.... a gimmick. it gets boring after you use it the first time.

yep played the Modnation Racers beta and the Split/Second demo.

I'm not saying it's AAA material, but none of the above mentioned games are, so I would put Split/Second above Modnation Racers and after extensively watching gameplay videos of Blur, I would put Blur at the bottom of those 3 choices.

And the destryoing stuff part is essential for winning. Not a gimmick. That's like saying the power ups for Blur and Modnation Racers are gimmicks, because they aren't.

i am saying its boring, its very scripted and there is no risk and reward for it at all, so you just keep driving and press the O button whenever it pops out.

atleast in burnout you drive the wrong side of the road to get boost, its a risky thing but it rewards you, this one doesn't offer you anything, everyone can detonate it at one point so it becomes really dull, and not engaging.

also the fact that the gameplay is so slow, for a game called Split Second you would expect the gameplay to be frantic but its not, the cars feel like tanks and they barely move.

Modnation Racers looks the best imo (Mario Kart is pretty sweet)  Blur just sucks horribly.