By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Opoona coming to NA!

You’ve heard me say it before…I am not an RPG fan, but I just can’t help but be interested in Opoona. Apparently Japan could have cared less, seeing that the game went largely unnoticed. Looks like Koei thinks that it has a hit on its hands though…they are giving the game a chance stateside!

I had saved the Opoona trailer I linked to earlier, but I hadn’t watched it until a few minutes ago. I watch through to the end, and I catch this screen.

I know it doesn’t specifically say NA, but we know for sure that it is going to other territories. Due to the nature of the trailer and where it was posted, I think NA is a safe bet. I’m sure there is a good chance of a Euro release as well.

People interested in Opoona…show your support! I’m going to make as much noise as I can in the hopes of previewing a localized version. If you are excited for Opoona, leave a comment!

Link

Source: gonintendo.com 

EDIT: 400th post! xD 

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

Around the Network

Looks ok, guaranteed to bomb if it hits US shores.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

I might pick this up. But I doubt it'll do well.

I just think we need a good, quality RPG on the Wii. Something that took a lot of time and effort to create.

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

I would get it. Reminds me of earthbound, quirky.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Around the Network

Yeah it looks like Earthbound mixed with starocean.

I'll be picking it up since it reminds me so much of earthbound. And there are not enough RPGs for the Wii.

do not want

I want this game since the day I tried it ! I'm quite confident that the game will be released in Europe, since I played it at the Micromania Game Show in France.

I have a Japanese Wii so I will probably pick this one up soon. I have to beat SMG first though. It is crazy how poor the sales are in Japan considering that Famitsu gave it a pretty good score.

It looks as though it appeals to absolutely no-one, however it does interest me in some ways, I'll wait for some US reviews, quirky games like this can pull me in.

Also please in the future when you add links, make them open in a new window like everyone else :)