By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is there a perfect game?

Is there a perfect game?

Yes 60 52.17%

No 52 45.22%

Don't Know 2 1.74%

Total:114
forest-spirit said:
Certainly not, and there never will be. I don't think perfection is a good thing either, as it suggest there are no more need for change or improvements. Perfection is the death of Creativeness. Or something

This

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

Around the Network

Nope, there is no such thing as a perfect game, nor is there such a thing as a "best game ever". I can't compare, say, Deus Ex to Sonic to Doom, they are all different and they all have positives and negatives.

There is a perfect game for each person, there is no universal perfect game.

Is like asking if there is a perfect girl we all know there is not but in my personal opinion this one is pretty damn close

dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection

The one and only Ocarina Of Time. It was something that really changed the way I looked at games. But some other games may be considered perfect, like super mario world and super metroid and some others.

The perfect games are the ones you keep on playing after playing through more than twice. Who really cares if a game isn't perfectly balanced, you're playing games to have fun.

Around the Network

Super Mario Bros. is an essentially perfect game if we take "perfect" to mean "without meaningful flaw".

Can I have the definition please.

Perfect. excellent or complete beyond practical or theoretical improvement.

Can you use it in a sentence please.

Perfect. Super Mario 64 is the perfect video game.

"If new things are so great, where have they been the whole time?"

forest-spirit said:
Btw, I like your Top 3, if that is your Top 3. It's identical to mine!

I would also have those 3 as being really close, as no game is perfect.

I am a gamer. Not a fanboy, not a troll, a gamer. So when you dont like what I have to say, remember this fact.

RockSmith372 said:

Many game critics claim there is no such thing as a perfect game. In my opinion there are only 3 perfect games

1. Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
2. Final Fantasy VI
3. Chrono Trigger

If you don't think there is a perfect game, which one is the closest?

That sounds about right, Final Fantasy VI is borderline perfect but the other two are both perfect!

Yes...

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Final Fantasy VI, Uncharted 2, Gran Turismo 5 (in the future)... just examples.