By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Experts, I need to know something about 3d dot game heroes!

I'm thinking about buying 3d dot game heroes but...

There's one thing I wanted to ask you first, o'great expert players. I saw that you can choose if you're a male or a female when you create your character. The boy is stronger (atk) and the girl is better with magic, from what I read on gamefaqs. Does that mean that the boy will be stronger with the sword? When can you use magic? In your opinion, which is the best? Is it equal?

I really hope it's equal. I don't trust Atlus, they ruined Dokapon Journey! They put a difference between male and female. The male were just better in every way. It was really frustrating, it was impossible to fight a male when you were a female! Before someone says taht I'm quite feminist, and I like to play as female protagonist :3 But it's soooooooooooooooooooo rare -.-

Around the Network

I've played through the 5th dungeon with the standard character FRUM who is male and haven't had any issue with magic versus strength. You get a magic spell after completing each dungeon. The game seems pretty balanced in terms of magic cost to frequency of use. Plus, I've noticed most enemies that need to be killed with magic drop magic restoring items.

Stats? The only stats I cared about is when I visited the blacksmith to make my sword longer and more powerful!

And honestly ,and excuse my ignorance in this department, but you can switch characters anytime during the game, so I assume your stats are always the same ???

Just get the game and have fun, this is a retro classic so don't make it any more complicated. No one likes numbers and math

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

hatmoza said:
Stats? The only stats I cared about is when I visited the blacksmith to make my sword longer and more powerful!

And honestly ,and excuse my ignorance in this department, but you can switch characters anytime during the game, so I assume your stats are always the same ???

Just get the game and have fun, this is a retro classic so don't make it any more complicated. No one likes numbers and math

Yea, but sometime stats make the game unplayable (dokapon journey) if you choose something. Looks like this game is different, that's nice. If one day you have the chance to try Dokapon Journey (for DS), you'll understand my fear...

you can select "Rikimaru" or "Wanderer" he is even at both

you can make an even character too.

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Around the Network

Males get +1 to strength while females use 1 less magic vial. This is what I've heard.

I guess that means 1 vial costing spells cost 1, but all above the cost of 1 are reduced.

That would have helped me out in the Fire Temple. The Ice spell costs 4 vials per casting.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Severance said:

Do you mean that Rikimaru and Wanderer (those are NPC, right?) are strong in magic and atk?

And what do you mean by, you can make an even character?

I_hate_Itagaki said:
Severance said:

Do you mean that Rikimaru and Wanderer (those are NPC, right?) are strong in magic and atk?

And what do you mean by, you can make an even character?

those aren't NPC's they're premade characters.

also you can edit your character from scratch.

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

badgenome said:

Hahaha, he's not amused by your patethic bullshit. That crazy old boobs obsseded... guy? or maybe it's some kind of frog mutant? He makes patethic bullshit. He IS a plie of patethic bullshit. His father was a bigger pile of patethic bullshit. I wonder if he dreams about being a ninja? BTW, your avatar is really nice, who is that raging dude?