By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS EYE can do what NATAL can:

Solid_Snake4RD said:

why the comment,you weren't gonna comment until E3.it just shows you aren the one flaiming here cause you just couldn't stand the thread and just wanna create an argument.

you should sometimes leave the word and try to find the meaning of what the other person is trying to say.

and PS EYE can do what NATAL can as MS haven't shown us anything.

"PS EYE should be able to be as good as NATAL look at this video" -when did i say this and if i was still comparing to what has been shown till now

You didn't say should, and that's the whole point. The word "should".   Also if you look at this thread, you'll notice a lot of people sure have a lot of information about natal, look at 9009pc, there goes the whole argument of what ms has detailed (or shown).  Again, I am just stating what is in the public eye, anyone can state information that is freely available.

You obviously have not worked in any regulated environment, or and work place where you have to send emails to people (hell, ask people who reply to emails on helpdesk all day, now theres a fun job for people).  If you ever EVER leave a sentence up to letting the other person figure things out, they take it the wrong way. 

In fact if anyone said this to me in "real life", or hey, posted it on a forum, its how I would take it.  How else can you take  "PS EYE can do what NATAL can"  it isn't close to "PS EYE can do what NATAL can as MS haven't shown us anything.".   Head | brick Wall.  Head | Brick wall ....

PS: What I can comment on, I will, as stated, its all public knowledge.

Around the Network
Solid_Snake4RD said:
youarebadatgames said:
Now let's see if this game can do it in first person perspective. Oh wait, it can't.

mean?

if you mean like the ricochet NATAL game then it can

Isn't ricochet in 2D?

This doesn't do anything that a regular video camera can't.... Natal actually models the person using IR, which in turn permits it to do actions in 3D (see how the guy has the head always facing the screen... makes it look wierd....)

about this game though... if I had a PSEYe, it's buy it, it looks like a lot of fun :p (for 10 mins yes but still it's original).

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

thismeintiel said:
9009pc said:

posted this in an earlier thread were the op was wanting to know the differences.

ps eye:

• augmented reality which includes
    • gender recognition
    • facial recognition
    • age recognition
    • object recognition (patented well everyday items are patented)
    • facial expression recognition (patented well laughter is patented) 
  • head tracking
  • there is a mic but it's primary purpose was to help detect the position of the user, in my experience it isn't good at voice recognition, although that could be down to the software aswell
  • movement detection

there is more I'm just not thinking of it at the moment. oh and most of the augmented stuff is from what sony says is in its vision library with the exception of eyepet very few games use them.

natal (based on what MS has told us)

• augmented reality from what I have seen they also have a pretty descent library although they haven't demonstrated or shown age recognition. I don't see any reason why they can't do it though the facial expression and use of everyday items are patent protect so unless there is away round it. it includes gesture recognition something I am yet to see from the eye. (although move will likely do this)
  • 3d depth tracking
  • full body tracking
  • mic, primarily designed as a command interface
  • one step up from the eye's movement detection instead of using the pixels, alone to determine movement, it will apparently use a ir bar to help detect movement in a given distance.
  • area you have to be in will adjust depending on the size of the room.
  • built in processor to do the calculations, freeing up the 360, processor. (it a chip called prime sense made and named after the company behind natal)
  • some motor things for tilting the camera and for fast zoom 

again there is more probably a lot more with natal but this is just of the top of my head.

You need to take the processor one out of there.  MS has already announced removal of the processor due to price concerns.  The calculations are now done by the 360, which is said will take up 15% of its processing power.  The truth is, we haven't really seen Natal's 3-D tracking ability in any game situation.  Ricochet was just side to side.  On top of that, we haven't seen any videos of the performance of Natal sans processor

There was news a while ago that Natal does still have a processor actually.  Whether the processor is little more than a controller for the software or whether its a full hardware accelerator wasn't made clear but there is most definately a processor based off the latest news we have.  I'm pretty sure we have seen a prototype of a "processorless" model in one of the many videos shown, albeit it just running Ricochet.  Ricochet does do full 3D tracking as it works out how hard you hit a ball based on the motion it captures.

The OP is badly worded and ill informed hence the accusations of flame bait from other users.  The actual game doesn't really appeal to me in the slightest.

I don't think it's true, obiously they are similar, but natal has those aspects and more, and all better done

Bladeforce said:
so if you point this at another camera will it explode?

What if you point a Natal at an Eye?!

Armageddon comfirmed?

Atari 2600, Sega Mega Drive, Game Boy, Game Boy Advanced, N64, Playstation, Xbox, PSP Phat, PSP 3000, and PS3 60gb (upgraded to 320gb), NDS

Linux Ubuntu user

Favourite game: Killzone 3

Around the Network
Scruff7 said:
Bladeforce said:

Armageddon comfirmed?

lol

Isamu said:
Scruff7 said:
Bladeforce said:

Armageddon comfirmed?

lol

"ah shiiit."

Atari 2600, Sega Mega Drive, Game Boy, Game Boy Advanced, N64, Playstation, Xbox, PSP Phat, PSP 3000, and PS3 60gb (upgraded to 320gb), NDS

Linux Ubuntu user

Favourite game: Killzone 3

Hephaestos said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
youarebadatgames said:
Now let's see if this game can do it in first person perspective. Oh wait, it can't.

mean?

if you mean like the ricochet NATAL game then it can

Isn't ricochet in 2D?

This doesn't do anything that a regular video camera can't.... Natal actually models the person using IR, which in turn permits it to do actions in 3D (see how the guy has the head always facing the screen... makes it look wierd....)

about this game though... if I had a PSEYe, it's buy it, it looks like a lot of fun :p (for 10 mins yes but still it's original).

i din't say any thing else or meant anything else

was just showing how EYE features till now vs NATAL and the fact that MS slogan of 'your body is the controller' was shown by PSEYE game

Isamu said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:

why the comment,you weren't gonna comment until E3.it just shows you aren the one flaiming here cause you just couldn't stand the thread and just wanna create an argument.

you should sometimes leave the word and try to find the meaning of what the other person is trying to say.

and PS EYE can do what NATAL can as MS haven't shown us anything.

"PS EYE should be able to be as good as NATAL look at this video" -when did i say this and if i was still comparing to what has been shown till now

You didn't say should, and that's the whole point. The word "should".   Also if you look at this thread, you'll notice a lot of people sure have a lot of information about natal, look at 9009pc, there goes the whole argument of what ms has detailed (or shown).  Again, I am just stating what is in the public eye, anyone can state information that is freely available.

You obviously have not worked in any regulated environment, or and work place where you have to send emails to people (hell, ask people who reply to emails on helpdesk all day, now theres a fun job for people).  If you ever EVER leave a sentence up to letting the other person figure things out, they take it the wrong way. 

In fact if anyone said this to me in "real life", or hey, posted it on a forum, its how I would take it.  How else can you take  "PS EYE can do what NATAL can"  it isn't close to "PS EYE can do what NATAL can as MS haven't shown us anything.".   Head | brick Wall.  Head | Brick wall ....

PS: What I can comment on, I will, as stated, its all public knowledge.

you commenting again...............................lmao.

you just can't stand it,can you?you yourself said you won't comment on this type of matter until E3 and you just can't stay of it.It stinging you,isn't it?

"You obviously have not worked in any regulated environment, or and work place where you have to send emails to people (hell, ask people who reply to emails on helpdesk all day, now theres a fun job for people)".........................................hahahahahaha

its not my problem you got such a tough life.regulated environment?.this a gaming forum.i don't have to be wikipedia to post here.

if i was really flaiming,i would have commented something like "NATAL is done,PSEYE already do what NATAL can".i didn't mean anything offensive so i didn't say anything and let people judge but you who just got stung by the title just wouldn't leave it.

Solid_Snake4RD said:

was just showing how EYE features till now vs NATAL and the fact that MS slogan of 'your body is the controller' was shown by PSEYE game

Then your thread title should have said as much.

The BuShA owns all!