By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS EYE can do what NATAL can:

Isamu said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
Holesome said:
This thread title would be a inaccurate missleading. Natal can do ALL of what PSEye can do but not the other way around as Natal much more advanced. PSEye can handle 2D movement detection ok and this game is a good example of that but 3D is a real bitch. Perhaps this shows that certain types of games can more asily become cross-platform.

Cute game though.

who said EYE can't handle 3D?

EYE 3dd was showcased at ENGADGMENT show.

Also NATAL has shown nothing in real till now except the ball game which is a copy of PS2 eyetoy game.

please verify before posting

RE: Holesome : Exactly, thank you, its complete flame bait.  Again, I could release a Natal game that is only just a bit worse than the worst eye toy game, (eye toy, not ps eye), then I could release a video saying "EYETOY IS TEH BETTERAH THAN TEH NATAL" .. (kinda like the rumour'd sega Natal game, Sega Super stars *cough eye toy sega super stars*)

Natal has two camera's. PS Eye has 1, I can't explain much more than that, read up to find the rest...

RE: Solid snake : Has two camera's.. ps eye has 1 camera.  When have you played a Natal game? *cough* I have played PS eye and Eye Toy games, I aint saying it isnt a fine piece of hardware. As for Natal, just wait

Edit: Toned down the natal end part that I had :)

how the hell is this a flaimbait,i didn't say EYE is better than NATAL.It was just to show hoe EYE can track without a controller.Flaimbait definition google.

I was pointing to what MS has showed till now that is the ball game which is no better than and exact copy of EYETOY game.neither have you played a NATAL game.

AS for EYE + move,just wait........................lol

not trying to offend but was just showing that PS EYE could do track without controller atleast what NATAl has shown till now.NATAL's two camera haven't made a difference till now.I'm sure NATAL will suprise at E3 but don't just take everything as an offense

Around the Network
Holesome said:

"Much of depth perception has to do with geometry, light and shadow, and experience of knowing how objects relate to each other, so much of depth perception is preseved if you close one eye "

You really need to have two eyes to gain a solid depth perception and then loose one eye to show how the mind will continue to maintain depth based on the last known depth perceived.  The mind then makes assumptions based on other triggers as to if the depth position has changed.  This of course this means that you need two RGB cameras to start with or another depth sensing device.  It is very very hard to determine depth based on just assumptions. 

Yes, I completely agree with you, as I said its not a great description :) - and its also for real world, not a developed product :D

youarebadatgames said:
Now let's see if this game can do it in first person perspective. Oh wait, it can't.

mean?

if you mean like the ricochet NATAL game then it can

Solid_Snake4RD said:

how the hell is this a flaimbait,i didn't say EYE is better than NATAL.It was just to show hoe EYE can track without a controller.Flaimbait definition google.

I was pointing to what MS has showed till now that is the ball game which is no better than and exact copy of EYETOY game.neither have you played a NATAL game.

not trying to offend but was just showing that PS EYE could do track without controller atleast what NATAl has shown till now.NATAL's two camera haven't made a difference till now.I'm sure NATAL will suprise at E3 but don't just take everything as an offense

All I can say is BURN, You are completely wrong on the highlighted line, I can't say anytihng about Holesome tho, I am unsure if Holesome has ;)

Your topic is clearly flame bait, you know it.  And to back it up your first post doesn't even have any justification for the topic just a video. As for Eye + Move, thats another topic all together.

I aint taking offense, if you had actually stated any of this in the opening topic, perhaps, but to behonest, you didnt, and therefore created a complete flame bait thread.

Edit: and again, your saying "MS has only showed off a ball game" So you are saying this game can do all that Natal can do (off orinial topic, no text as previously stated) so you are speculating again on something you know nothing about. 

Isamu said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:

All I can say is BURN, You are completely wrong on the highlighted line, I can't say anytihng about Holesome tho, I am unsure if Holesome has ;)

Your topic is clearly flame bait, you know it.  And to back it up your first post doesn't even have any justification for the topic just a video. As for Eye + Move, thats another topic all together.

I aint taking offense, if you had actually stated any of this in the opening topic, perhaps, but to behonest, you didnt, and therefore created a complete flame bait thread.

Edit: and again, your saying "MS has only showed off a ball game" So you are saying this game can do all that Natal can do (off orinial topic, no text as previously stated) so you are speculating again on something you know nothing about. 

so you have played natal,which game ricochet?

i didn't write anything in my OP as there was no need and as i wasn't trying to exagerate.

i said MS has only showed the ball game to compare the things shown by each side till now,not trying to degrade MS.you are being delusional.

speculating?-just saying what has been shown till now,it is same

Around the Network

This is the best they can come up with? I fear for the speed this device will drop out of the public eye.

"...the best way to prepare [to be a programmer] is to write programs, and to study great programs that other people have written. In my case, I went to the garbage cans at the Computer Science Center and fished out listings of their operating system." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

"Hey, Steve, just because you broke into Xerox's house before I did and took the TV doesn't mean I can't go in later and take the stereo." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

Bill Gates had Mac prototypes to work from, and he was known to be obsessed with trying to make Windows as good as SAND (Steve's Amazing New Device), as a Microsoft exec named it. It was the Mac that Microsoft took for its blueprint on how to make a GUI.

""Windows [n.] - A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition.""

lol natal fail again :P

ridiculous and where is Identify???? that would be a good game.

dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection

Doobie_wop said:
It reminds me of Mortal Kombat. So is this a Move title or what?

It's a PlayStation Eye only title.

No need for the Move. Which is makes PSEye, Natal.

Sony motion based plans are better than Nintendo's and Microsoft's. Because PlayStation gamers aren't limited to just one motion play style.

Wow, I hope both Move and whatever Natal is named, can do what Wii can... as far as gameplay goes. In regards to sales, I am sure Microsoft and Sony are hoping that their motion control answers do what Wii has done.