By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super mario galaxy 2 review thread

so now 99 metascore doesn't sound so crazy, does it?

Around the Network

The scores this game is getting are mind blowing.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Boutros said:
SaviorX said:
Oh.....my God
I'm rendered speechless by these reviews. I just hope they aren't false like GTA4's were.

*sigh*

GTA4 reviews were not false. And if you really consider them false, then you have to consider the Mario Galaxy 2 ones false too.

Sequels are usually supposed to improve previous formulas, not downgrade. GTA4 improved physics and the appearance of "never-the-same" pedestrians, but literally everything else took a step backwards. I could see people giving the game an 8.0, but I personally think it deserves a 6.

This is coming from a guy who played GTA 1 as a kid on the PC, GTA2 on the PS, GTA on the original Gameboy Color, GTA3 & Vice City on the Xbox and PS2, and went 75 hours in on San Andreas.

That is why, I hope all these 10s are valid for Galaxy 2, because they for DAMN sure were not valid for GTA4.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

SaviorX said:
Boutros said:
SaviorX said:
Oh.....my God
I'm rendered speechless by these reviews. I just hope they aren't false like GTA4's were.

*sigh*

GTA4 reviews were not false. And if you really consider them false, then you have to consider the Mario Galaxy 2 ones false too.

Sequels are usually supposed to improve previous formulas, not downgrade. GTA4 improved physics and the appearance of "never-the-same" pedestrians, but literally everything else took a step backwards. I could see people giving the game an 8.0, but I personally think it deserves a 6.

This is coming from a guy who played GTA 1 as a kid on the PC, GTA2 on the PS, GTA on the original Gameboy Color, GTA3 & Vice City on the Xbox and PS2, and went 75 hours in on San Andreas.

That is why, I hope all these 10s are valid for Galaxy 2, because they for DAMN sure were not valid for GTA4.

What about the oscar worthy story?

EDIT: DOuble Post

Tony Hawk 1-3 were excellent ny the way.........

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network
Boutros said:
SaviorX said:
Boutros said:
SaviorX said:
Oh.....my God

*sigh*

What about the oscar worthy story?

Worthy of Oscar.....the Grouch from Sesame Street.

GTAIV one of the most overrated games of all time.

In many ways, content was reduced compared to its predecesors, the shooting/cover system was mediocre, there were plenty of glitches, the soundtrack was lacking, and the cellphone was incredibly annoying as hell; every 5 minutes you get called to some boring event which you have to attend or else you'll lose respect/liking.

It doesn't deserve over an 8/10.

curl-6 said:

In many ways, content was reduced compared to its predecesors, the shooting/cover system was mediocre, there were plenty of glitches, the soundtrack was lacking, and the cellphone was incredibly annoying as hell; every 5 minutes you get called to some boring event which you have to attend or else you'll lose respect/liking.

But that's only your opinion I'm afraid.

Boutros said:
curl-6 said:

I'm sorry Boutros, but as my English teacher in high school once said 'There is only one view of poetry'; which in your case refers to 'there is only one opinion on great games' 

/ sarcasm of course XD . 

>_> Stupid woman failed my english assignment on poetry because I had a unique view of the poem. 

Boutros said:
curl-6 said:

No only mine, many others feel similarly.

Really, a review is also just an opinion.

Reviewers may coinsider GTAIV one of the best, but the general consensus among gamers is that it is not. When most gamers talk about the best games ever, they talk about games like Ocarina of Time, Final Fantasy 7, or Mario, not GTAIV.