By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Mario Galaxy 2 Week One Sales Prediction. (US)

Super Mario Galaxy 2 Week One Sales Prediction. (US)

750,000-1,000,000 72 46.15%

1,000,000-1,500,000 41 26.28%

1,500,000-2,000,000 14 8.97%

2,000,000-2,500,000 9 5.77%

2,500,000-3,000,000 2 1.28%

3,000,000-3,500,000 18 11.54%

Total:156
Dr.A.Peter.Nintendo said:
RageBot said:
How about we all bet for something about how well it will sell?

I bet you that SMG2 won't sell 15 million in it's first six months for a month of avatar control and a week of sig control, will you take it?

ok

Cool, write the bet your sig please.

Bet with Dr.A.Peter.Nintendo that Super Mario Galaxy 2 won't sell 15 million copies up to six months after it's release, the winner will get Avatar control for a week and signature control for a month.

Around the Network

Uh. Alright dude, whatever you say. But the truth is that it won't even surpass the first one in sales.

RageBot said:
RageBot said:

I bet you that SMG2 won't sell 15 million in it's first six months for a month of avatar control and a week of sig control, will you take it?

ok

LOL, you're going

DOWN!

But I prefer that we don't write the bet in the sig because it'll be there for six months.

Deal?

The Official 'The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword' Thread (Updated):
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=134508&page=1
RageBot said:
RageBot said:

ok

LOL, you're going

DOWN!

But I prefer that we don't write the bet in the sig because it'll be there for six months.

Deal?

Okay :P

Bet with Dr.A.Peter.Nintendo that Super Mario Galaxy 2 won't sell 15 million copies up to six months after it's release, the winner will get Avatar control for a week and signature control for a month.

RageBot, you dirty bastard. You know this is like betting against a guy, who claims he can live for six months without breathing. (I.e, Dr.A.Peter.Nintendo might as well hand his avatar and signature over right now...)

Around the Network

Well, the OP might have a point, if the game broadcasts mind controlling signals when played!

Seriously though, I think I would sell no more than 900K first week in NA.

My collection of guides on GameFAQs: Read them here

My latest guide on GameFAQs, for Little King's Story! Read it here 

Ninpanda said:
how much did SMG1 sell in week one?

1.06 million.

Then why do some people think that SMG2 will barely sell 1 million in week one?

Because you asked for USA, and the 1.06 million is for World Wide. The sales for First Week for the original game were.

America (USA+rest of America): 619,379

Japan: 260,993

Others: 180,754

World Wide: 1,061,126

You asked in the Opening for sales in USA nor America nor World Wide. That's why everybody is saying less than 1 million. Now if you change the question, the answers will also change.

Is it me or Dr.A.Peter.Nintendo is blinded by his extreme fanboyism? Galaxy will manage to do a better first week than Galaxy 1 and might pick up a lot during holidays, I expect the same numbers for Japan and low numbers for Europe. They will sell really close, but not that idiot 20 million bet. It's 3D Mario, not 2D.

SMG2 first week sales...

1.25 mil NA
2 mil WW

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

im still going with 2.5-3m. i don't haft to be right just supportive.