By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why did you buy a wii?

Why did you buy a wii?

Motion controls 18 14.06%

Because (blank) game was on wii exclusively 15 11.72%

Nintendo games 65 50.78%

It has lots of good exclusives 15 11.72%

other 10 7.81%

I'm lurking this topic so I don't got one 5 3.91%

Total:128

Nintendo told me to make this thread. So they can figure out how they can sell more. So they told me to make
this topic. So can you tell nintendo why you bought your wii?

I bought my wii for super smash bros brawl. If it wasn't for that I wouldn't be here.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Around the Network

I was initially going to sit this gen out. But I played Wii Tennis at a friends house in July 2007 in August I bought a Wii for Prime 3..and knowing that Brawl was coming so, the rest is history.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

I bought a Wii for Mario Kart Wii. I couldn't miss out on a console Mario Kart.

I was just going to not bother with anything except a DS this round, but Motion controls made me excited and then I saw at the time of my purchase there was 5 games or so I really wanted. No regrets it has given me tons of fun along with my friends and family

I bought a Wii on the release date (november 2006). I bought it mainly for the new controls and the next Smash Bros, and I prefer Nintendo over Microsoft and Sony.

Around the Network

Nintendo games ;l

Super Mario galaxy.

A mix between all the options. I got interested on motion controls, wanted Super Smash Bros Brawl, Mario Kart wii, SMG, Zelda TP and their Nintendo Games are always great exclusive games [well except Wii Music]

WiiU/Wii/3DS/DS/Xbox360/PS3/PSP Owner 
3DS FC: 1032-1246-9162  (Nacho)
Nintendo Network ID: Zap786
If you add me, please let me know to add you back

Nintendo

seemed like a good idea at the time.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur