By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Call of Duty: Black Ops details, crossbows confirmed

Those folk over at USA Today have been lucky enough to see the latest build of Call of Duty: Black Ops, as well as speak with Treyarch’s studio head Mark Lamia, and we're lucky enough to get some brand new details from them. 

An opening level has players infiltrating a Russian facility during the Cold War, in an attempt to 'stop the spread of Communism'. Armed with a scoped crossbow, this level helps introduce a new mechanic to the franchise; alternate ammo. Switching between standard crossbow bolts and explosive bolts on the fly, players can enjoy the thrill of nailing villains between the eyes or blowing them to bits. Just don’t forget to hold your breath and steady those shots. 

The first Call of Duty title from Treyarch to escape World War 2, and the first Call of Duty title to tackle the Cold War, the plot will see us jumping into the shoes of at least two heroes, and covering multiple conflicts. To keep with historic and equipment accuracy, Treyarch have called on a number of military consultants in efforts to create an authentic Black Ops operative experience. 

Gamers can look forward to not only the standard multiplayer offerings, but two to four player co-op for the main campaign.

http://palgn.com.au/pc-gaming/16407/call-of-duty-black-ops-details/

Around the Network

Meh... I thought that we'd be involved in genuine conflicts, not lameass fiction...

again, meh... this is losing its potential in my eyes.

so its historically accurate fiction??? -.-

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

@Xen, sometimes the real conflict just isn't that interesting..

Xen said:
Meh... I thought that we'd be involved in genuine conflicts, not lameass fiction...

again, meh... this is losing its potential in my eyes.

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Around the Network

lol always the evil russians.

I just hope they make the graphics amazing in this game.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

WHY?!!!! fiction events are lame.. go ahead and call it "call of duty perfect dark"

Crossbows? With scopes...!?

My pants exploded.

Crossbows rocks. I remember playing Timesplitters with Crossbows only. Mmm, good times.