By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Would you wanna see 3D movies on 3DS?

Would you wanna see 3D movies on 3DS?

Yes give me Avatar on 3DS 72 68.57%

No, the UMD failed why tr... 33 31.43%

Total:105

I was wondering recently, now I don't know anything about the technology going into 3DS. But from what I've heard its supposed to give the user the same 3D experiance as on say a 3DTV just without the glasses, am I wrong?

If so the 3DS will be the first real 3DTV without the glasses. So would it make sense for Nintendo to sell movies for the 3DS come launch. We all know Nintendo gave movies a shot on GBA with little to no success. Sony tried again with the UMD and had limited success to no success. But with the 3DS being the only 3D option for many owners is it time to try the movie route again?

Do you want to see movies like Avatar and ToyStory3 availible on the 3DS come launch day? Could Nintendo pull it off where GBA and PSP failed turning the 3DS into a truly multimedia device?

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

Around the Network

probably won't happen but how successful it would be depends on the screens. How big and what aspect ratio, what resolution they are and the quality of the 3D effect etc

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Meh... I would prefer to have Netflix on the 3DS (temp) so i can watch my movies on the go without 3D. It's still hard for me to believe that Nintendo will implement such technology ( Glasses-free 3DTV ) on a handheld.

3DS Friend Code:   4596-9822-6909

I wouldn't prefer it, would be awkward on the system.

"The Common Cold Isn't So Common During The Cold"     

I hope they have some sort of movie download service for the 3DS for 3D content, not sure if it'll have anything like that but it'd definitely appeal to the masses that can't afford a 3DTV

Around the Network

Of course, it is illogical not to want the option an extra feature like that, even if you might never use it.

Of course, I would prefer Nintendo just to have ripping software available.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

I don't think it will happen, nor do I want it to. Nintendo has always first been a gaming company. They're aware of the failures of GBAVideo and UMD movies, and I don't see them actively pursuing movies for the 3DS. However, if someone approached Nintendo of their own accord, then we may see something show up. But I also don't see that happening, due to the size of portable screens.

As for my personal thoughts, well, I bought a gaming system. If the resources are split up doing other things also, then it detracts from the gaming. There's a saying "Jack of all trades, master of none", which I think represents the PSP. It does many things, and it does most of them well, but it's not mastered any. Whereas the DS focused on games, and I think it mastered those. So I can't play movies on my DS? I don't care, I'm playing games!

-dunno001

-On a quest for the truly perfect game; I don't think it exists...

I do not really care. I would never use it as I would buy it to play games not watch movies. However, I am sure their are some who might enjoy it.

that would be super awesome epic, I would so use it!!!

If they keep the usual DS design, I'll pass. Too small screen. I'm used to big screens actually. Depends on the person, though.

I'm not really convinced of the 3DS,yet. I need to see the 3DS in action, and with that I mean having one in my own hands.

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.