By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - HW WorldWide - May 8th

ph4nt said:
ElGranCabeza said:
kowenicki said:
I have no idea why people compare PSP and 360... for most of this gen the ps3 was massively outsold by the PSP too... so what? its apples and oranges.

anyway... PS3 and 360 gap isnt going down too quick. The threads earlier this year which stated that the PS3 wouldnt drop below 200k all year look a bit daft.... as expected

Its all down to E3 and the xmas sales now... the next 6 months decide if the PS3 ever overtakes the 360 during this gen (before the release of the Nextbox, wii2 that is)

Human nature. People were comparing and making gifs when the GBA was outselling the PS3.

Also I don't know why people keep insisting that Natal is not the next XBox, MS has already said that it is and is treating it as such, with a huge marketing campaign to follow, Natal is the next XBox, that comes straight from the horse's mouth.

the reason people were comparing the GBA to the PS3 was that GBA was a dying system (much like the PS2 right now), while PS3 had just launched. So it was very comical having the GBA aoutsell the PS3 week after week.

It would be the equivalent if PS2 outsold the 360 for a couple of weeks. Or if the DS outsells one of the current gen systems 1 year after the 3ds launch.

yeah like the PS2 outsold the 360 during its launch year even though the PS2 is a dying system.

So it was very comical having the PS2 outsell the Xbox 360 week after week.

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

Around the Network

According to a hw analysis thread by puffy, Sony are still only making 70 cents per console. It may be a bit early to declare their inevitable victory. What did M$ make on 90k units this week? $4.5m at $40 profit? Plus sw, xbl, pricey hds etc. Where and when will the PS3 finally show some black ink? It's easy to move product at cost. They need to hold hw prices and let some of that quality sw turn a profit sometime soon.

I think M$ can manage to stay in business until their heavy hitters step up to the plate this fall. With E3 and natal to come I'll just wait and see.

Chump change for Ninty this gen. Quite the change from last.

So every console is domed, as usual.
andremop is right, I blame < and > too!!!

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

ps3_jrpg_gamer said:
360 is goin down week by week

Every single console is... including PS3...

andremop said:
ps3_jrpg_gamer said:

Pretty sure he is referring to YOY in which case nope ps3 is still shows an increase in sales...by a nice maount I may add

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
gustave154 said:
now i wonder if PS3 will drop below 100k....

Are there any big hardware-pushing games releasing in the next few months?

only new i.p's like modnation and 3d dot heroes but to be honest people have been buying wii's a x360's for a while whilst no major games was coming out...

saying that the next wii release SMG2 will give the wii another godly boost that should make wii fans dance for joy:):)

non the less good sales for ps3, everything else is down:):)

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

andremop said:
ps3_jrpg_gamer said:

why don 't you check the timetable ps3 has up and down the last weeks while the 360 only down for many weeks in a row