By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - My PS3 died, how will I get my trophies back?

Hi,

So my PS3 hasn't died as such, just the bluray drive has decided it's not worth living anymore and has commited suicide... or so I've been told, lol.

Basically, I know it's dead, the PS3 works fine, everything is completely fine, until I put a disc in, the clock spins as if it's loading, for about 5 seconds, and then nothing, it doesn't load the game, which is annoying to be honest, since I was looking forward to buying Lost Planet 2 and Red Dead Redemption next week...

So now I've got to save my money (Only get £20 a week, already got £40 though, lol) for the next 3-4 weeks to be able to get Sony to fix it, since it's out of warranty, unless ofcourse I get a nice person at the other end who offers to do it for free, that'd be great, but nah, it won't happen.

Anyway that's not the point!

Basically, I've got an External HDD that I'll use to store all the savedata and gamedata etc. (PS, Can I store and restore copy protected savedata if it's on the same PS3 with the same PSN account? I don't want to have to replay some of my games D:), but I don't know about my trophies...

How do I get my trophies back onto my PS3 after the formatting frenzy and it being sent back from Sony? I REALLY don't want to lose those... I've heard you can just resync as long as you're logged into the same PSN account though, but I'm not sure, can anyone confirm this?

Thanks for any answers!

Around the Network

your trophies will always be with ur PSN account

your trophies are on servers so no worries

Once you've synced them, all you have to do is log in with your account (it can be on any PS3) and they'll be there. Trophies are stored by Sony once you've synced them.

Ah, that's good then, I was worried I'd lose them and have to get them all back, that's something I just wouldn't want to do...

Thanks for clearing that up guys :D

Also, does anyone know about the second question?:
Can I store and restore copy protected savedata if it's on the same PS3 with the same PSN account?

Around the Network

^If you want to transfer copy protected savedata then you will have to do a complete data transfer using the "Data Transfer Utility" in the system settings, it will copy every single file over from one PS3 to another.

Isn't the experience of the games themselves that you played way more important anyway, and you can't lose those memories. Or am i just that old-school

Really what do you lose that's actually usefull when you would lose your ''trophies'', it's not even something cool like the trophiebeld of a Predator....

Oh and your trophies are fine, they're bount to your account. :P

Everyone beat me to the rush.

AdventWolf said:
^If you want to transfer copy protected savedata then you will have to do a complete data transfer using the "Data Transfer Utility" in the system settings, it will copy every single file over from one PS3 to another.

But I don't have 2 PS3's so will that mean I lose the copy protected savedata then? I hope not, I haven't even finished Dragon Age: Origins yet!

Expect a 2 hour wait for all your trophies to transfer to the new system. Its a pain in the ass but thats how long it takes. Oh and you'll need 2 ps3s to transfer copy righted save data. The broken one with the saved data and the new one. If your getting a refurb off Sony they will take your broken one and give you the new one so you won't be able to transfer the data.