By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Modnation Racers Load Times being PATCHED (YES!!!!)

RolStoppable said:
Isn't this announcement worrisome?

"One of our first patches"

Is there so much that needs to be fixed or improved that they are already planning several patches? Or is this just the normal thing to do for games with extensive level editors?

I can imagine in a game with countless iteractions beetween levels testing before release is extremly hard to catch all bugs.

Also huge part of patches for LBP was there to slip premium content into game so you could see all those cool costumes other people bought.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network

This was my main gripe with the game, might get it after the patch, if the improvement is really significant.

MY HYPE LIST: 1) Gran Turismo 5; 2) Civilization V; 3) Starcraft II; 4) The Last Guardian; 5) Metal Gear Solid: Rising

So they're already planning on fixing a fault on a game that hasn't even been released yet? How about postponing the release and getting it right instead of putting out a kart racer with a bunch of flats that need to be patched?

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Remember PC games?
Where you buy it, and then install 5 patches, before you play it for the first time?

Remember when you replay it a year later but have to d/o 300MB of patches after installing it again on your computer?

We are going to hit that soon with consoles, LOL.

well when you look at it that way
thats true,the game gotta load alot of things
so it might be a little understandable

Nintendo made me a gamer so I'd be stupid to ever try to forget that                                             like so many people nowadays

The Top  Best Consoles Are SNES and PSX 

Currently Playing: 1.Monster Hunter tri 2.MegaMan 10

Around the Network

It all depends on personal experience. I mean unacceptable load times for some users can be acceptable for others. Almost every game out there has load times. It's a small technical issue. It's not a game-breaker. Any improvement will be welcome.

amp316 said:
So they're already planning on fixing a fault on a game that hasn't even been released yet? How about postponing the release and getting it right instead of putting out a kart racer with a bunch of flats that need to be patched?

I might be wrong, but a dev. in thier position should not be able to say "the games not ready, we need more time"

radiantshadow92 said:
amp316 said:

I might be wrong, but a dev. in thier position should not be able to say "the games not ready, we need more time"

Why not?

Super Smash Bros. Brawl was hyped to the heavens and that was postponed right before it's release. 

I understand developers feeling pressured to get a game out at a certain time, but I believe that it's better to have it come out later than come out badly.  There is a lot riding on MNR (no pun intended) and I believe that they should get it right.  That's just my opinion.     

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

ahh thats good i had ideas for ways like that before in my head good thing people r starting to do it like i thought of it! lol