By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo's official numbers for Thanksgiving Week

Nintendo's official numbers for Thanksgiving Week:

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/50090

Wii = 350k

DS =  653k

VGC numbers:

Wii = 420k

DS = 684k 

So VGC is almost on the ball with it's numbers for DS (+32k) but the Wii seems a little over tracked (+70k). Still not bad numbers from VGC considering the volume for the week.

PSN ID: krik

Optimistic predictions for 2008 (Feb 5 2008): Wii = 20M, PS3 = 14M, X360 = 9.5M

Around the Network

either way...BLAMMMMMOOOO wiiunstopable

also good margin of error on the DS

wasnt the wii understracked the week before thanksgiving week?

call me Aaronbunny!

Wii code: 6993 4542 2457 6182. plz add me Im a wiily gd friend

Yes^

Nintendo announced over 650k Wii were sold in the Americas over the last two weeks, VGC is spot on.

I don't know, it seems as if he is only talking about the US, while VGChartz tracks US+Canada . Maybe Wii is the one that is tracked correctly and DS undertracked?

Around the Network
gorgepir said:
I don't know, it seems as if he is only talking about the US, while VGChartz tracks US+Canada . Maybe Wii is the one that is tracked correctly and DS undertracked?

...*head aspodes*  :-p

Anyways VGChartz has the Wii at 250+420 = 670k for the 2 weeks while Reggie says 300+350k=650k for the 2 weeks. If we think Canada as 10% (which it normally is) that is -45k and if canada was included in reggie's statement that is +20k which is totally acceptable.

I really gotta hand it to VGChartz when their numbers add up so well, good on him.

*spit take*
THAT'S FRIGGIN EPIC!

friend code Wii: 1974 0901 4063 4699

360 Live SN: Myahon

PSN: Myahon

That is some freaky scary avatar and sig combo Myahon.