By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokemon Black/White Starters Revealed!

Kyuubi Ricky SSJ2 said:

SW-5120-1900-6153

Around the Network

worst fire starter eva.....and the water pales in comparison to the like of squirtle and piplup.....grass looks kinda cool though.

"even a dead god still dreams"

Smeags said:
I really like Mr. Fire Pig, he's pretty awesome!

But of course I'll be choosing the water type, Ms. Water Otter... I choose you!

Fire pig. Fire pig. Does whatever a fire pig does.

The character designs for these Pokemon games are absolutely atrocious nowadays.

Some new info from Serebii.net, not 100% confirmed.

Before the scans came out, some new information was posted on 2ch including the region name which turned out true, classifications matching the Pokémon's appearance and the aforementioned possible Pokémon names. This information detailled some attacks, classifications, Zoroark's ability and the special event from the beasts. I have decided to post it with thanks to yaminokame for translation. Remember though that the following information is NOT confirmed yet.

• The Grass Starter, Tsutaja (ツタージャ) is the Grass Snake Pokémon
  • The Fire Starter, Pokabu (ポカブ)is the Fire Pig Pokémon
  • The Water Starter, Mijumaru (ミジュマル) is the Sea Otter Pokémon
  • Zoroark has an ability called Illusion (イリュージョン) which will allow it to transform into various Pokémon. How it differs from the move Transform remains to be seen.
  • Two new attacks have been announced;
    • A move called Trickery (イカサマ) seems to allow the attack to be calculated using the opponent's stats
    • Another move called Claw Sharpen (つめとぎ) raises the user's Attack and Accuracy stats
  • The special event activated by the special Raikou, Entei & Suicune given with the upcoming movie; Phantom Champion Zoroark has been detailled. In this event, when you bring the beasts (it is unclear if it's all three or just one)to the game, a special battle will occur. This battle is against a Level 25 Zoroark which will transform into the various Pokémon. At many points, it will break its transformation to allow you to capture it.
Remember, this information is NOT Confirmed as of yet and so it's quite possible that this information is indeed inaccurate. However, as the region name was accurate, it's also quite possibly real. We'll get confirmation as to whether it's real or fake when the rest of the scans come out.

Around the Network

I mst say the Fire Started has the best pokemon name ever, Pokabu!

I actually like them quite a bit. I remember when my brother first got Ruby, he thought the design's were terrible, and then later he liked them just as much as the other ones.

I going with water as always.

AkibaFan said:
I mst say the Fire Started has the best pokemon name ever, Pokabu!

Yeah, but unfortunately that's only the japanese name. It's gonna change elswhere.

I like the look of the grass type. Hopefully there's an interesting combo in there.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

wow, the blue one looks terrible