By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - When will you give up video gaming? (If ever?)

I will likely die with a joystick in my hand.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

not until Sega releases a new console xD

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

headshot91 said:

According to http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/8206163.stm

The average age of a video game player in America is 35, and this number is "edging up" all the time.

Will you ever stop playing, if so why? And if not, why!

That is a highly skewed and very small poll.  Only 500 people were surveyed in one area (the Seattle-Tacoma area) and of them, only 45% (roughly 225 people) were shown to even play Video Games at all.  That's hardly a good indication of the US at large.  That's like going to a public high school and taking a survey and saying the majority of kids in America play World of Warcraft because 50% of kids in one School surveyed said they did.  Its weak news casting like this that shows why print media is dying, because people only read the headline and take it by its word.

Ranting aside, I don't forsee myself stoping from playing games in the future.  Even if I scale back from playing games, I still see myself trying to play the games I really want to play the most.  Metroid, Dragon Quest, Mario, etc.  I'll still find the time to play them between work, relationships and everything else life throws at me.  Just like I'm doing now.  I've already been cutting down the amount I play games compared to when I was a kid.

Six upcoming games you should look into:

gustave154 said:
not until Sega releases a new console xD

You might need this

Unicorns ARE real - They are just fat, grey and called Rhinos

I'll stop when I become bored by them, simple as that. Then again, it's likely that at some time after that, a new awesome game comes along and I'll start again. ;)

Around the Network
Kenryoku_Maxis said:
headshot91 said:

According to http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/8206163.stm

The average age of a video game player in America is 35, and this number is "edging up" all the time.

Will you ever stop playing, if so why? And if not, why!

That is a highly skewed and very small poll.  Only 500 people were surveyed in one area (the Seattle-Tacoma area) and of them, only 45% (roughly 225 people) were shown to even play Video Games at all.  That's hardly a good indication of the US at large.  That's like going to a public high school and taking a survey and saying the majority of kids in America play World of Warcraft because 50% of kids in one School surveyed said they did.  Its weak news casting like this that shows why print media is dying, because people only read the headline and take it by its word.

Ranting aside, I don't forsee myself stoping from playing games in the future.  Even if I scale back from playing games, I still see myself trying to play the games I really want to play the most.  Metroid, Dragon Quest, Mario, etc.  I'll still find the time to play them between work, relationships and everything else life throws at me.  Just like I'm doing now.  I've already been cutting down the amount I play games compared to when I was a kid.

Umm, I wasn't basing any ssumptions on it, just showing an article with two surveys. One had average of 35, other had 25-34+....

It's the question that was being asked that's important.

This is more than likely going to be my last gen of gaming. I've been gaming for 23yrs. If I meet the right women then I might give it up even earlier. Gaming is'nt life. There's way more to life then gaming. So I plan on buying as many high profile games as I can through out the rest of this gen,then call it quits!!!!!!!

I dont play games when I have better things to do

If I go blind, or am permanently paralyzed then and only then.

The day my console self replicates and takes over the world. Probably around PS6-XLife-Nintendo 2048(yes back to the old naming schemes). Since the PS3 of today can fix itself, only a matter of time before the "real" console wars begin.

Either that or when we all die in 2012.