By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I'm so sick of "co-op" Wii games

I don't mean the good ones like Super Smash Bros. Brawl or Monster Hunter Tri, I mean the ones where the second player only gets to point and shoot.

Some of those games for example:

Call Of Duty: World At War

Call Of Duty: Modern Warefare: Reflex Edition

Super Mario Galaxy

Super Mario Galaxy 2

Sin And Punishment 2

Prince Of Persia: The Forgotten Sands

Final Fantasy: The Crystal Bearers

They can be fun for a while but the second player is gonna get frustrated pretty quickly. My little sister is 5 years old and even she gets bored and wants more control. I'm sure some people like this but I really don't. I would rather have another character on-screen or even split-screen.

I'm sad... :(

Around the Network

While I agree that another character on screen would be more engaging, in many of these games it might just not be that feasable. What I've always done is swapped off with the second player so that we each get to enjoy the game. It prevents boredom and makes both people feel involved.

student said:
While I agree that another character on screen would be more engaging, in many of these games it might just not be that feasable. What I've always done is swapped off with the second player so that we each get to enjoy the game. It prevents boredom and makes both people feel involved.

Two player mode is a disaster.

I'm betting SMG2 will have some co op parts. Like minigames. It should be fun... maybe even 4 people co op.

Yeah I'm kind of with you. Though I understand why games use this tactic- to make it very easy for people who don't know the controls, I think many of us would appreciate some more real co-op titles. Of course you can go too far in that direction like for instance Lost Planet 2 which the reviews say is pretty terrible without 3 other players. Thank god for MH3.

XBL: WiiVault Wii: PM me  PSN: WiiVault

PC: AMD Athlon II Quadcore 635 (OC to 4.0ghz) , ATI Radeon 5770 1GB (x2)

MacBook Pro C2D 2.8ghz, 9600m GT 512 iMac: C2D 2.0, X2600XT 256

Around the Network

i actually think coop like the ones you mentioned are actually quite good.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

ya COD's local multiplayer leaves alot to be desired.

Conduit 2 is going to have full co-op.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

I thought the OP's method of co-op went out with Jet Force Gemini.

I guess I was wrong.........I guess it is just trying to get people to warm up to on-rail shooters LOL
But for some I could see why a 2nd character model could cause problems.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Splitscreen?!

...The horror...

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046