By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - ModNation Racers will be better than that Nintendo racer

twistedcellz said:
yeah mugen and jak x (love that game)was ripping of MK
doesnt mean its a bad thing its just a fact

Im not defendin mario kart I was just statin a fact

btw I got a ps3 and play alot of it so Im not bias

and for me modnation would've been 10 times better with characters like jak and ratchet but sony doesnt have good mascots

u gotta stop doin this its like you never played another console than sony ones

With that logicc all car games have ripped off of the histories first car game! it's like all phones ever created 'ripped off' of the the paper cup phone!

And stop doing what btw? I do support other consoles and games and you can see that I have posted in ANY game that at least remotely interests me. I dunno about you but from the way your talking your the one who sounds like you don't play on other consoles, despite what you say

I do play on the box a lot, wii too but not thatm uch cuz games that to my liking are rare on that console, that's about personal preference not the console itself

Kart racing has been around for ages! Saying one ripped off the next one is just silly arguing....Go read up on what MNR offers, unlike Mario which is the same formula since the SNES days it offers a lot of new features

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network

GODDAMNIT!!!!!!!

amp316, you WILL pay for this, sir. You have made me a fool, and I will NEVER forget. NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!FAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

M.U.G.E.N said:
twistedcellz said:
yeah mugen and jak x (love that game)was ripping of MK
doesnt mean its a bad thing its just a fact

Im not defendin mario kart I was just statin a fact

btw I got a ps3 and play alot of it so Im not bias

and for me modnation would've been 10 times better with characters like jak and ratchet but sony doesnt have good mascots

u gotta stop doin this its like you never played another console than sony ones

With that logicc all car games have ripped off of the histories first car game! it's like all phones ever created 'ripped off' of the the paper cup phone!

And stop doing what btw? I do support other consoles and games and you can see that I have posted in ANY game that at least remotely interests me. I dunno about you but from the way your talking your the one who sounds like you don't play on other consoles, despite what you say

I do play on the box a lot, wii too but not thatm uch cuz games that to my liking are rare on that console, that's about personal preference not the console itself

Kart racing has been around for ages! Saying one ripped off the next one is just silly arguing....Go read up on what MNR offers, unlike Mario which is the same formula since the SNES days it offers a lot of new features

Pretty much the only games I play nowadays are on the PS3 and PC, lol. I don't even have a Wii anymore.

I DO want to play Alan Wake though.

Anyway, I did NOT come into this thead to rip on MNR, I got no problem with the game, but the point of this thread(I thought at least....damnit) was that MNR was superior to MKWii because of someones opinion, so yes I got a little defensive and called it a ripoff. It's certainly very similar, but again, I didn't mean to rip on it, it is probably a great game, but so was Dead Space(9.5/10 imo) but it was still a ripoff of Resident Evil 4 imo.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

ZenfoldorVGI said:

GODDAMNIT!!!!!!!

amp316, you WILL pay for this, sir. You have made me a fool, and I will NEVER forget. NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!FAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Read it twice, eh?

Torillian said:
@Zen and Twist

I'm curious, at what point does Kart Racing become a subgenre instead of every game that comes out with Karts being a ripoff of Mario Kart?

I mean you guys recognize TPS as a subgenre right? And don't call every one of those an RE4 clone.

Not every kart racing game is a ripoff of Mario Kart. Just the ones that are exactly like it in every way. Kind of like Dead Space, while a great game, is a RE4 ripoff.

I think Sony is releasing this game to compete with or to take a ride on the popularity of Mario Kart, and I think the game looks like Mario Kart, and has a similar game structure, because it was designed around Mario Kart. I believe @ Sony the tagline behind closed doors was "Mario Kart with user created levels."

In fact, just now, I went to youtube to just make sure I remembered right and that the game looked like Mario Kart, and it looks even more like Mario Kart that I'd remembered. Gameflow, artstyle, gameplay, and atmosphere are identical. It even has reskins of some of the Bowser's Castle obsticles from MKWii in it.

That said, I didn't come here to rip on Modnation racers, but imo, it is very much a mario kart clone for the Sony machine, just like Dead Space and Dante's Inferno were to RE4 and GoW respectively. :P It's my opinion, and I'm not trying to force it on anyone....

I'm also not saying which one is better or worse, btw. A clone game can surpass its original.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network
noname2200 said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:

GODDAMNIT!!!!!!!

Read it twice, eh?

lol, 3 times now....shit!

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Torillian said:
@Zen and Twist

I'm curious, at what point does Kart Racing become a subgenre instead of every game that comes out with Karts being a ripoff of Mario Kart?

I mean you guys recognize TPS as a subgenre right? And don't call every one of those an RE4 clone.

I think it really depends honestly.

To me it's like 3D dot heroes and Zelda.  It's very clearly a ripoff.  Not that being a ripoff is a bad thing.  Well unless you are ripping off a bad game.

There are Kart Racers that have weapons that aren't straight ripoffs.  Like say Street Racer.  Their are still a lot of Mario Kart concepts... however a lot is different.  For example the weapons are custom for each car... and you always have access to them.

The weapons in Mod Nation Racers seem to have just taken the Crash Bandicoot route of largely copying them but giving them different skins to make them look different.

There are tons of ways to alter Krat Racing, but so far MNR hasn't show much altering to the core mechanics from the Mario Kart base.

Though why people are mad about this I don't know...  "Oh No!  Another game just like previous games i've enjoyed!  Those bastards!"

Zen just made this thread EPIC.

I haven't laughed this hard in weeks.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

theRepublic said:
Zen just made this thread EPIC.

I haven't laughed this hard in weeks.

@OP

<I'm going to edit this for content, but know, it was a picture of Picard flippin' you the bird>

I'ma never live past this shit.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Another thing! WTF Amp, do you have an avatar so close to impulsivitiy's? You get me all confused, and trick me you nardowell, I've sent you a PM with my thoughts, is all that is.

NO NO, NO NO NO.