By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 6 Most Important consoles of all time...

Not sure why the Xbox 360 is up there, PS3 should be in its place in my opinion. Rest seems pretty good though it should have just been a top 10. I could not imagine leaving out the Gameboy line, Sege Gen, and Sega Dreamcast,

Around the Network
CommonMan said:
Wasn't referring to you Netyaroze, your post popped up while I was writing mine, I hadn't read yours yet. Of course you're entitled to your opinion, you went to the trouble of explaining yourself too, I was referring to the "LOLZ TRASH LIST!" comments.

Oh ok then nevermind.

Atari 2600, Super Nintendo, Megadrive, Playstation 1 & Playstation 2 or Xbox 1(For different reasons) - They would be mine.

Games4Fun said:

Not sure why the Xbox 360 is up there, PS3 should be in its place in my opinion. Rest seems pretty good though it should have just been a top 10. I could not imagine leaving out the Gameboy line, Sege Gen, and Sega Dreamcast,

Do you mind if I ask, since you don't seem to have a horse in the HD race, why you think that the PS3 should be there instead of the 360? I'm not attacking you, just wondering what your reasoning is, since it looks like you're kind of an outside opinion on the competition (basing this on the fact you don't show one of the HD system tags under your name).

Wow he seemed to be in pain with allowing the Wii on the list...

Former something....

Around the Network
dirkd2323 said:
 first console to run a 10 year life span, 

PS2's the 7th home console to run a 10 year lifespan actually.

I personally would put Dreamcast instead of Xbox 360, yes i consider online a big step in gaming today but the one system that put it into mainstream was Dreamcast with Phantasy Online, yes you can argue that Nintendo or other company did it before , but in my opinion the console that did it best was dreamcast and since then has evolved a lot.

And this is coming from a guy that has never owned a console from Sega except for the Dreamcast.

^ How is anything the Dreamcast did mainstream? If the Dreamcast was the least bit mainstream, it would've lasted more than two years...

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

CommonMan said:
Games4Fun said:

Do you mind if I ask, since you don't seem to have a horse in the HD race, why you think that the PS3 should be there instead of the 360? I'm not attacking you, just wondering what your reasoning is, since it looks like you're kind of an outside opinion on the competition (basing this on the fact you don't show one of the HD system tags under your name).

I just do not understand what Xbox has brought new to gaming period that Sony has not done better this Gen. Once Natal is out I might change my mind though. For now, when I think gaming I do not really think Microsoft and when I think Microsoft I think of Office.

^
not to mention sega saturn had online before the dreamcast. I played Bomberman, Quake and Daytona USA on the saturn online in 1997.