By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 6 Most Important consoles of all time...

People really don't like the 360 being on this list. Wow.

Around the Network

Decent list, shitty article.

I edited.

Bamboleo said:
I agree with the list but I'd put Commodore64 instead of magnavox and Xbox1 instead of X360.

Commodore 64 was computer model. That is why it isn't on the list. It had a lot of great games though.

CommonMan said:

Probably because it hasnt really done anything different compared to the ps3. so people are probably wondering why that deserves the list and the ps3 doesnt. Because if you just look at the console and forget about gamesbecause thats what we are doing here right?. Then the ps3 has got a little bit more as it is the first console to have a blu-ray disk reader aswell and dvd and has also built in wifi so i supose its more advanced than the 360 in that respect.

but in all honesty both the PS3 and 360 are morealess the same.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

CommonMan said:

Does this really surprise you lol?

Around the Network

Sorry, but I'd swap the unknown console with the PS2.

CommonMan said:

Are you refering to me ?
I just dont think it should be in the list because the changes on the market are there but even without Xbox we would have Online gaming. Ok they revolutionized the Online gaming platform but if we would subtract Xbox1 and Xbox360 completly the market wouldnt be that different we wouldnt have cross game chat. And such a smooth Online gaming community but everything else would be there. Without all consoles I mentioned the history of gaming would be totall different. Xbox360 plays a big role and they improved gaming but not more then all consoles  I mentioned above they created together the market as it is today. 
He made a list and I slightly altered it because I see it different. You should let the people keeo their opinion not for everyone was xbox something special infact in my life it didnt mattered at all I had one friend with Xbox1 and all Xbox360 owner I know have a modded 360 and dont play online. Also ask the people on the streets the people which dont know much about gaming maybe in USA everything is different from my perspective I cant see enough good reasons why Xbox should be in the list. Gaming market would still be similar without MS entering the market. 
let people keep their opinions they probably feel that way and are not pretending just to put the 360 down. Thats often the problem Xbox360 defender just dont believe that there console dont matter to people. 
I define most important console a console which changed the market structure (and or brought more people into the market) All consoles I have mentioned have done exactly this. Xbox didnt expand the remarkably. Wii did that. Also Xbox1 was nothing special to most people (24 Million) a pc in a console housing. 
That has nothing to do with me not liking Xbox360 in that list. I believe honestly Xbox shouldnt be in that list.

Are you refering to me ?

I just dont think it should be in the list even without Xbox we would have Online gaming. Ok they revolutionized the Online gaming platform but if we would subtract Xbox1 and Xbox360 completly the market wouldnt be that different we wouldnt have cross game chat. And such a smooth Online gaming community but everything else would be there. Without all consoles I mentioned the history of gaming would be totall different. Xbox360 plays a big role and they improved gaming but not more then all consoles I mentioned above they created together the market as it is today. 

He made a list and I slightly altered it because I dont see it that way. You should let the people keep their opinion not for everyone was xbox something special infact in my life it didnt mattered at all I had one friend with Xbox1 and all Xbox360 owner I know have a modded 360 and dont play online. Also ask the people on the streets the people which dont know much about gaming maybe in USA everything is different from my perspective I cant see enough good reasons why Xbox should be in the list. Gaming market would still be similar without MS entering the market. 

let people keep their opinions they probably feel that way and are not pretending just to put the 360 down. Thats often the problem Xbox360 defender just dont believe that there console dont matter to people. 

I define most important console a console which changed the market structure (and or brought more people into the market) All consoles I have mentioned have done exactly this. Xbox didnt expand the market remarkably. Wii did that. Also Xbox1 was nothing special to most people ( except 24 Million) a pc in a console housing. 

That has nothing to do with me not liking Xbox360 in that list. I believe honestly Xbox shouldnt be in that list. 

yo_john117 said:
CommonMan said:

Does this really surprise you lol?

No, not really, but I do wish people would be a little less predictable sometimes. Aside from his unneccesary anger at the Wii, the writer of this article put some pretty cogent points forth as to why he thinks they are important. You could argue some of the finer issues and possibly legitimately switch some around, but this list is pretty good really. I'm sick of the knee-jerk "this list is trash" reaction because their beloved whatever isn't on it, especially when legitmate claims are made and not disputed.

Wasn't referring to you Netyaroze, your post popped up while I was writing mine, I hadn't read yours yet. Of course you're entitled to your opinion, you went to the trouble of explaining yourself too, I was referring to the "LOLZ TRASH LIST!" comments.

First 4 are definite candidates, the last 2 are arguable.

I'd put PS2 instead of Xbox 360 and then replace Wii with the Xbox 360