By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why did Sony buy Zipper Interactive?

CGI-Quality said:
A better question would be why did you name yourself after a company you seem to frown upon and then make a thread asking about something that seems to be of little concern to Zipper's true fans, or of little to no consequence in the grand scheme of things?

Just a thought.

Somebody was trying to be clever i guess.:(

Around the Network

Is this a serious thread? do you really think SONY bases there studios worth off of Meta? do you think ANY company does that!!??

They probably didnt want MOVE implemented in their games... so what do you do? Buy them, simple. I suspect thats what happened with Media Molecule as well.

FonzGemini said:
They probably didnt want MOVE implemented in their games... so what do you do? Buy them, simple. I suspect thats what happened with Media Molecule as well.

They bought Zipper in 2006...

FonzGemini said:

Oh I'm sure the fact that LittleBigPlanet was one of the top four most critically acclaimed games in Sony's history in the industry and that Media Molecule's small development team probably ended up being Sony's cheapest studio purchase ever had nothing to do with it.

Around the Network
FonzGemini said:

your an idiot, the companies wanted to implement ps move onto their games, also 3rd parties are doing it as well not hust 1st parties.

why all the hat for ps move it will be proper motion control not waggle time??

FonzGemini said:

they bought them ages ago , you really think they would buy a team just to implement an add on, no one is going to use?

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

FF_Fanatic said:
FonzGemini said:

your an idiot, the companies wanted to implement ps move onto their games, also 3rd parties are doing it as well not hust 1st parties.

why all the hat for ps move it will be proper motion control not waggle time??

When you insult someone by calling them an idiot, you really should use proper grammar and spelling.

OT: Zipper is a good developer, though I am disappointed with MAG, I was hyped for a 256 player game, though it failed to deliver for me. 

(Granted only played for a couple hours)

EDIT: as other have pointed out, Wii motion+ is most likely as accurate as PS Move will be

Unicorns ARE real - They are just fat, grey and called Rhinos

For starters going from 40 players online to 60 players on line is an evolution which is what Insomniac did. Doing 256 players online with little to no lag on a consol is groundbreaking. Not only did they allow all those people online at the same time but they made the game work.

Resistance 2s 60 player mode was all over the place and most games ended with a 30 v 30 player stand off which made the game get boring really fast. Mag got people working together as a team to try and win and made it fun in the process.

Why did Sony buy Zipper? because there a great company that make great tactical games. A lot of people can't play tactical games properly so they talk crap about them and instead mark overhyped games that are casual friendly like COD in the high 90s and give games like Socom 80s because there not casual enough.

it's the only way for Sony to get to the Zipper-Queen!

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’