it was better off with sony 235 67.14%

it was a good move to go multi plat 115 32.86%

Total:350
AkibaFan said:
Xbbjf9s said:
AkibaFan said:
@thelifatree

eithr way ff13 hs better cgi cutscns that crisis core. xbbj9s sed it didnt

AGAIN my opinion, I am well aware that the formats are different and I stand by my statement. I would appreciate you understanding my comments before responding, this is the second time I have to remind you that this is my personal opinion.

ifi sed "avatar CGI is worse than FF7:AC CGI" I wud hve ppl telling me im wrong even if its my opinion. u r being very rude to me, y?

I am not being rude, a personl opinion is just that "personal". When I said that ff13 was the worst I have played that was my opinion, that is how I feel regardless of how it sells. This thread was to a follow up to one I made a while back asking users which version would sell more. I personllay think that SE made a mistake making the game multiplat and judging by the poll results i'm not alone. I am aware that they are two different formats (one not being hd) but I find CC more appealing, I'm also very confident that if CC was hd it wouldn't be a contest. Alot of the movements in 13 looked stiff (snow running at barthandelus or any time Sazh moves). I apologize if I came off as rude.

Around the Network

Definitely best that SE went multi-plat with FF13. Looking at the sales of FF13 in the only region it is PS3 exclusive (Japan) and the game sold worse compared to previous FF games (in Japan). Definitely a failure for the FF franchise in Japan.
Now combining the PS3/360 sales in the West and FF13 has been outselling previous FF games in the West...that is a success.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

smbu2000 said:
Definitely best that SE went multi-plat with FF13. Looking at the sales of FF13 in the only region it is PS3 exclusive (Japan) and the game sold worse compared to previous FF games (in Japan). Definitely a failure for the FF franchise in Japan.
Now combining the PS3/360 sales in the West and FF13 has been outselling previous FF games in the West...that is a success.

someone saying what I tried to say much better :D!... Although I heard Square predicted 2 million and the attach ratio in japan is absuredrather high, still it's the lowest selling FFcore franchise in Japan since before 6 (not counting 11) so its reasonable for it to call it a dissapointment. That said, it's the highest selling ps3 game in Japan, so I think it's rough to call it a complete failure or flop, unless you think they should have released it on the wii... . Also when they started development for the 360 version. The PS3 was doing aweful. So it was a sensible decision. Hindsight is always perfect... still even with hindsite, I don't think they made the wrong decision

smbu2000 said:

ffx sold 2.29 milion in jpn before its re-releases, nw its at 3 million. ff13 wnt stay at 1.9 million. but i agree ff13 is a flop in japan, the west is a big success. china nt sure yet.

You have to believe thatover 1 million sold is enough to offset the extra shipping and development costs.

Around the Network
cmeese47 said:
You have to believe thatover 1 million sold is enough to offset the extra shipping and development costs.

are you saying that ms pretty much covered the bills?

Of course it was worth it. In the west the game is selling better than any Final Fantasy before it & as its a big brand game it will continue to sell till FF15 releases. The region where it was exclusive hasn't performed that well in comparison. I am shocked at the results in the poll.

The Xbox Man said:
Of course it was worth it. In the west the game is selling better than any Final Fantasy before it & as its a big brand game it will continue to sell till FF15 releases. The region where it was exclusive hasn't performed that well in comparison. I am shocked at the results in the poll.

And if I'm not mistaken (if I am please correct me), Xbox Man is an example of why it was a good Idea, as this was your first FF yes? Can I message you on your wall about something?

cmeese47 said:

Wouldn't they have just shipped more PS3 copies of the game if there was no 360 version?

I'm still going with "Sony's and Square-Enix's masterplan/conspiracy".
1- Let MS buy rights to FFXIII.
2- Let MS do what they always do --> advertising the sh!t out of the newly "bought" ex-exclusive.
3- Resulting in higher sales --> the PS3-sales couldn't get anymore higher (after the Slim release and with shortages) so they needed to expand with help of someone else and MS eager as always to buy an exclusive took the bait.
4- More people got caught in the "Fabula Nova Crystallis"-project.

Ultimate goal: getting more people wanting to play the rest of the games which will remain exclusive to PS3 and PSP. Therefor they have to buy one or both of the platforms in order to play.
When Final Fantasy vs XIII apears Sony will be earning money on each PS3 sold.