By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FF13 ps3 vs 360 sales pt 2

FF13 ps3 vs 360 sales pt 2

it was better off with sony 235 67.14%

it was a good move to go multi plat 115 32.86%

Total:350
tibisor said:
why wouldn't they be happy?
they just sold at least 1M units more than they would have if the game was exclusive to Sony's PS3.

they just cut it off and split fanbase.

people that would get FF would get it regarless exclusivity status.

Around the Network

Is this thread a joke? It's like the best selling JRPG on 360....why the hell wouldn't they be happy?

The install base of 360's in Japan is very small. They did not lose any sales because I highly doubt it would of sell a lot in Japan. Just look at the 360 version of NIER.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Xoj said:
tibisor said:
they just sold at least 1M units more than they would have if the game was exclusive to Sony's PS3.

But there's no way to say for sure, whether they split the fanbase, or Sony not being dominant, was the cause of that.

Because it is possible that SE if they released it on PS3 only. That they would have split the fanbase, and killed the other part that didn't buy ps3.

why are people still making these threads? the ps3 version sold more even without japan's help.

FFXIII on 360 was an attempt by microsoft to sell more 360's over ps3's. hence the 360's exclusive bundle

had it not gotten FFXIII then those 1 million 360 sales might have moved plenty of ps3 hardware

Around the Network
thelifatree said:
Xoj said:
tibisor said:

But there's no way to say for sure, whether they split the fanbase, or Sony not being dominant, was the cause of that.

Because it is possible that SE if they released it on PS3 only. That they would have split the fanbase, and killed the other part that didn't buy ps3.

it''s FF they would have eventually, look at japan sales, similar and even FF12 did, even ps3 userbase being smaller.

deskpro2k3 said:

The install base of 360's in Japan is very small. They did not lose any sales because I highly doubt it would of sell a lot in Japan. Just look at the 360 version of NIER.

Nier?  NIER?????  Are you really doing this?????

Folks, this is FINAL FANTASTY.  There are 1,286,205 360's in Japan with no FFXIII released for it.  If it were (especially as a bundle), there would UNQUESTIONABLY be more sold there.  AND I'd be surprised if it didn't move at least 500,000 units of the game.  Since this is simply translating the game, it wouldn't have been a huge expense for them.  Are you saying that another 500k sales for the game along with a larger 360 market in Japan to sell future games to would be BAD for S-E???

I just don't understand the 'logic' here . . .

@ Darth Tigris

the logic is that the japanese have this idea of product loyalty and usually do not purchase western products.

its not a matter of buying FFXIII or any other game, its about japanese people not wanting the 360.

the only reason the 360 broke 1 million in japan is because of blue dragon, star ocean early release on 360, and tales of vesperia early release on 360. take away these games and your japanese 360 sales would have been lucky to hit 400,000 to date.

online shooters and grand theft auto aren't that popular in japan.

I'm sure the 360 failure rate didn't help either and I also believe the japanese are more informed buyers. The average american joe that buys a 360 probably has no clue about the failure rate upon purchase.

Lets just assume an exclusive version would have sold as much as the multiplat version. Then MS paying for most of the games west advertising means it was a good deal for SE