By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - DS sets new UK sales record, with 191k units sold last week

dschumm said:
fkusumot said:

Nicole Kidman is much loved. Now why doesn't NOA have her doing adverts?

Celebrities are generally more willing to do adverts outside the US. They make as much or more money and it doesn't affect their "image" if they don't air in the US. Not sure if this is the case for Kidman but it is for many.

For the Wii adverts, they have Shaun Wright Phillips and Ian Wright, both quite major celebrities

Around the Network
takkxyz said:
Maybe a portion of it is trarnsferred from Wii? Since Wii is in short supply, the most logical next thing to buy might be a DS?

yep the nintendo brand is becoming very strong

Munkeh111 said:
dschumm said:
fkusumot said:

Nicole Kidman is much loved. Now why doesn't NOA have her doing adverts?

Celebrities are generally more willing to do adverts outside the US. They make as much or more money and it doesn't affect their "image" if they don't air in the US. Not sure if this is the case for Kidman but it is for many.

For the Wii adverts, they have Shaun Wright Phillips and Ian Wright, both quite major celebrities

really thats really cool

The DS never ceases to amaze me with it's popularity. It's so far beyond expectations that it's ridiculous.

We (UK) also have Patrick Stewart and Julie Walters on the DS ads. And this pretty long advert where they test 3 people on Brain Training. Also Phillip Schofield, Fern Britton, Zoe Ball, and Johnny Ball will or are to be in DS ads.

Around the Network

^really? i haven't seen one yet with PS in, nor with JW.

I have seen all the others you mentioned though....saw one with schofield and britton two nights ago.

That's a great ad :)

Its also interesting that Brain Training (itself) hasn't made it to the Wii yet. I wonder if Nintendo is planning to do so in the future. This along with Nintendogs could change everything.

WiiFit should also do a pretty good job - imagine the ads for that one!

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Ah Fishy there's a new one with those two which is pretty funny, they must really like their DS.

I can't find it online anywhere though...

Edit: Ok I found it >_> http://www.visit4info.com/details.cfm?adid=52750