By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which gaming system you bought and why?

Wii - Enjoy some mario games, Kart is awesome fun. Other then that it is a little unused. Thats until I got my grubbly little hands on Monster Hunter <3

Ps3 - Got because I wanted the cheapest bluray player (at the time), Also wanted it for GT5 (if it ever comes out). Been surprised with some quality games that have come out on the platform. Demon's souls, Disgaea, Metal Gear solid 4, little big planet. Its now the cornerstone of my home entertainment system allowing me to play media from my NAS.

PC - as a old school PC player, I can't live without these things. Some games I prefer still on PC format, and my general rule is if it comes out on PC and a console I get the PC version.

Around the Network

I bought a PS3 cause I wanted to play MGS4. Its that simple really.

I bought a 360 for its exclusives. I had one, sold it, and got another one when Splinter Cell came out so I could play Alan Wake. Splinter Cell was great also.

I got a Wii for Super Smash Bros Brawl, but the online sucked and I dont have too many gamer friends who come to my house. So I sold it, then got another for my daughter a couple months back. I play it with her, mostly Wii Sports. I plan to get her NSMB Wii very soon.

I am a gamer. Not a fanboy, not a troll, a gamer. So when you dont like what I have to say, remember this fact.

I bought all three consoles and both handheld because I got money, but my favorites in order are

1. PS3- just recently became my favorite. Free online that is now decent and downloadable PS1 and PS3 games
2. Xbox 360- was my favorite for the longest time until the fall of 2009. Still love it though.
3. PSP- became 3rd when Wii started getting boring(After Super Smash Bros. Brawl), also the upgrade to the PSN makes PSP are great handheld console. Love playing PS1 games on my PSP.
4. DS- I enjoy the DS, but I feel so bored with it at times due to it's limited amounts of hardcore games. It's still an awesome handheld and I recommend it to everyone!
5. Wii- Wii reminds me of a children's toy. It was really fun at first, then it got boring. It has some great games like SSBB, Super Mario Galaxy, and Twilight Princess, but its library is still too weak to enjoy thoroughly.

The consoles I bought in order are DS, 360, PSP, Wii, PS3.

PS3/the best exclusives, free online, crazy media capabilities.

DS/lots of Japanese support. 'nuff said.

I'll be buying a 360 for the same reason as my DS.

i got the xbox 360 first because i live in washington were pretty much every other person works at Microsoft, so i basically got it cheep and i got it a week after it came out so i wasn't complaining. ( it still runs only got the rrod ring once, but i have got one of the newer modules)

i got the wii second because my little brother wanted one so i bought it for him.

third i got the play station 3 because of the price of the slime module

Around the Network
morenoingrato said:
I bought a wii because of the line-up

I didn't buy a Wii because of the line-up :) joking!

Did actually buy a Wii for Mario Galaxy, loved it, played umbrella chronicles, loved it too; then sold it due to lack of quality software.

360 avoided it because of the reliability, disgraceful hardware, great games though. 

Went with the PS3 due to the reliability of it and the promise of 'great games', which I felt Sony later delivered.  (More future proof too)

I got a PS3 cause I felt it had more games that i wanted to play Sequels to games i loved, new exclusives and multiplats, and also the free online was a selling point, the browsers nice cause it brings youtube and other streaming sites to my tv.... aaaaand couldnt care less about bluray movies.... buuuut yea OH and i play games on my pc and many of xbox's best "exclusives" are on the PC ie Mass effect(great!) or L4D (which i dont like) etc.

EDIT: AND becuase i never had a ps2 and i got the 60gb version so i could play some of the great games i missed out on

Bought a 360, couldn't wait for November '06.

Got the DS, mostly because the GBA was irrevelant in '07 and I knew all my handheld related needs would be served through it.

Got the Wii, had to get it as soon as Brawl came out.

Pixel Art can be fun.

PSP it was a gift, but I would have bought the damn thing anyway, console gaming on th go what more do I need

PS3 the exclusives, I have every Sony system prior, free online, has great 3rd party support, the only thing that sucks is the absolute refusal to put PS2 backward compatabilty in ugh

WII it was this or get a 360 and I knew the Wii wouldnt die on me in 2 months and the library has titles that are not on the HDs, VC (I actual dont like this, the games are way overpriced, a lot of double dipping, not nearly enough N64 games and most of the games I would want I have an emulator), it plays GC games.

DS GBA backward compatabilty & KHs Nor really impressed with their library, IMO there's too much glorified flash games

I bought the Xbox 360, however I gave that to my brother, as the games I like ME2, ME1 are also for PC, So I gave it to my brother and he comes back in the summer, and I play the games I missed on the computer then

The PC, is getting fewer games that interest me, but I like building machines, so I don't regret it.

The Wii, My mom won in a contest and gave it to me, I wouldn't have bought it as all that. The only game that interested me was Twilight Princess (Which I got on GC before anyways) and Mario. But I would have bought it this summer because of The Last Story, and Xenoblade.

The PSP, and DS. Are kinda in the same category, I have like 2 games I like for Each of them PSP FFCC Wipeout and PSone Classics FF + Metal Gear, While DS has World Ends with You, Trauma Center, Pokemon. That I enjoy, and my uncle gave me the DS, and I bought my psp when it was like 275? I kinda regretted that.

The PS3, is my favorite because it has the pretty version of FFXIII, Demons Soul's, Uncharted, Metal Gear and Valkyria Chronicles.

They're all good and I enjoy them all though, albeit, my 360 Did fry 6 months after I bought it, but microsoft was very good and got it back in a week and it's worked perfectly ever since. Other than my brother maiming the faceplate.