By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Metal Gear Solid Showdown Round #1 - Rate MGS1!

10/10 A timeless classic. What else can I even say? It was pretty much perfect, and none of the other Metal Gear games could have pulled off what they had without it.

Around the Network

I give it a 10/10

8.9/10

A true classic, for most this game gave the first really compelling gaming story. the VA and sound for the time was excellent, however rating it now I can name many more games that have surpassed it.

9/10

the game felt great, the story was perfect, without complicated plots, the presentation back then was impressive, but the true feelings in this game resides in nostalgy.. the whole game feels like you are snake...

but when you go back to Shadow Moses in MGS4, i swear to god, i had goosebumps every time i saw something that reminded me to MGS.....that shows how good this game was.

I'm Back! - Proud owner of the best doomed handheld of all time!

10/10 still the best in the series. Awesome music, great boss fights and cool characters. The story was great too.

Around the Network

it all began here, it was perfect for its time, and so fresh
10/10

dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection

10/10

A game that revolutionized the genre

If I had remembered Mei-Ling I would have taken off half a point for her

My wife can't play the original version of this game because of that character. Her voice actress - who voiced her in Twin Snakes, Brawl, and MGS4 - is Chinese, and soundns like she was raised as a first or second generation American. But they made her assume another accent altogether - I think it's Korean?

WHY IS MEI LING'S ACCENT KOREAN AND FAKE AND TERRIBLE

Great story, and engaging. The gameplay wasnt actually that great. But that wasnt the point of the game. This was by far the best MGS game ever made.

10/10

It seems MGS 3 will have the better average over its vastly superior and more memorable ancestor.

:(

GETTIN' CHRONOCRUNK