Others 48 57.83%

Total:80
twesterm said:
tarheel91 said:
TheRealMafoo said:

There is only one answer.

Inva Mula

http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=XdAZxeIHqJ0&feature=related

Thread over. No human on earth sings better then her.

Not that it matter for this thread, but she is not bad to look at either....

What the hell was that at the end?  Was that really all her voice?  Incredible.

OT: I guess Aretha Franklin is the easy answer.  Here's another one I really like:

Chloe Agnew.

Chloe has an interesting and distinctive sound and I really like her, but I really like Hayley's Ave Maria better.  It's just the most beautiful version I can think of for that song:

And my favorite Chloe song has to be Sigma.  I really like her singing Pie Jesu, but I think I like her Sigma better (embedding is disabled for that video, just click the clink to hear it).

When you get to this level of excellence, I think it really comes down to personal preference.  I like the Bach/Gounod version of the song, though, so that might be biasing me a bit.  Either way, both are beautiful performances.  I agree Sigma is fantastic, though.

Around the Network
twesterm said:
pastro243 said:
I like Sarah Brigthman and I think she is better than the ones listed there.

I use to think Sarah Brightman had the most awesomest voice ever back when I also thought Phantom of the Opera and Andrew Lloyd Webber were both the shit but as I listened to more and more and broadened my horizon more and more, Sarah Brightman just isn't that great.  I can't even listen to any of her recent stuff.

As for this poll, it's hard to say who is the best since there are so many different female vocalists that I like for many different reasons.  I can say the specific options given just plain suck.

Anyways, two that come up offf the top of my head

1. Ella Fitzgerald - you can't not like her.  She's amazing and if you think otherwise you're just wrong.
  2. Lea Michelle - there are people better than her but as far as current female vocalists go, she's pretty awesome.

I would put Hayley Westenra on there since I love her to death but she really needs more vocal training in general.  She's great and I love her, but I can't call her the best femal singer sadly.

Yeah, I just said I like her, the best voice probably is from a women I dont know, and I agree with the bolded.

Personal opinion, KT Tunstall or Karen O.

This thread is just pretty hard to make. What about it? I'll create another thread and we will use that system here

I put my vote here

Nana Mouskouri 1

And in the next topic you copy the last one and add your vote, if you vote the same you add it in the number, if not you just add the name.

and the next thread will be like

Nana Mouskouri 2

or

Nana Mouskouri 1

Mariah Carey

Do you think it will work?

Argh, those are not good choices.

Janis Joplin, Aretha Franklin, Ella Fitzgerald, Dusty Springfield, Billie Holiday....

Around the Network

People, here the new working thread

http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=108225

This time it will work!

I'd like to ask moderation to delete this poll.

Ann Wilson will always be the best

Followed by Pat Benatar

With Alanis Morissette taking the bronze.

The only real measure is a TRUE live performance.

Switch: SW-5066-1525-5130

XBL: GratuitousFREEK

highwaystar101 said:

Personal opinion, KT Tunstall or Karen O.

I love both these singers! They're awesome!

Signature goes here!

PEOPLE PLEASE. Stop posting in this thread, if a poll gets 65 % OThers is because something is really wrong. I created other thread using a better system of voting.

Anyone who says Miley Cyrus is the best singer, is a fucking dumbass.

Miley Cyrus isn't an artist much less a singer.

Auto-tune does wonders these days.

GETTIN' CHRONOCRUNK