Best female singer, definitive poll

Madonna 16 19.28%

Mariah Carey 4 4.82%

Nana Mouskouri 3 3.61%

Whitney Houston 3 3.61%

Celine Dion 6 7.23%

Others 48 57.83%

Total:80

I know i'm letting many great singers outside, but, i'm letting the other options. I just looked at top female singers and putted it hear.

Around the Network

I voted for Other (Aretha Franklin).

That woman had talent. Celine Dion? Ehh, maybe...

I like Sarah Brigthman and I think she is better than the ones listed there.

Voted

People, is Nana Mouskouri only getting my vote? My god, the woman has sold 300 million albums,she sold more than Madonna and is the fourth best selling music artists, just behind Beatles, MJ and Elvis and no one ever heard of her!

Around the Network
invetedlotus123 said:
People, is Nana Mouskouri only getting my vote? My god, the woman has sold 300 million albums,she sold more than Madonna and is the fourth best selling music artists, just behind Beatles, MJ and Elvis and no one ever heard of her!

I bet you that only a couple people you'll meet here will know who Allah Rakha Rahman is, and the dude has sold over 100 million albums. Just because she's successful doesn't mean we know her or like her. Oh, and she's not 4th alltime.

invetedlotus123 said:

It doesnt matter when the question is about who sings better.

MontanaHatchet said:
invetedlotus123 said:

I bet you that only a couple people you'll meet here will know who Allah Rakha Rahman is, and the dude has sold over 100 million albums. Just because she's successful doesn't mean we know her or like her. Oh, and she's not 4th alltime.

Yes it's true. But the thing with Nana is that she sang with many famous singers, sold lots of albums, she may be not 4, but is definitily in top 10. Allah Rakha Rahman have a local career, many people reached 100M+ albums sold in their own country but wasn't able to be international super stars . In US you have Garth Brooks and Sarah Brightman that i remember that have sold more than 90% of their albums in the local market but reached the 100M+ mark. In China there is Wei Wei that reached the 200M+ mark in Chinese market alone.

Nana is a greek singer that have sold millions all over Europe, not only in Greece, she sang with ABBA,Mercedes Sosa, lots of brazillian musicians, recorded in 7 languages and released near 500 albums. She is probably the person that released more albuns in her career, she releases near 10 albuns per year.

I don't know a lot of female psinger but there's one I like as a erson and it's Enya.

Other than that it would have to be my mom in the shower.

My personal favs:
Mary J. Blige
Jewel
Alicia Keys
Alanis Morrissete
Anita Baker