By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Official Alan Wake Launch Trailer. Wow. Absolute Wow. GOTY?

slowmo said:
pizzahut451 said:
slowmo said:
pizzahut451 said:
Mvp4eVa said:
slowmo said:
d21lewis said:
I was only able to read the first 125 posts before I gave up. What the hell, people? What the hell?

Don't you just love the Mircosoft boards on this site

I loled, I imagen the Sony forums are empty and lonely lately and maybe nothing going on there or possibly boring .. 

Microsoft forums is where all the buzz goes on and all or most PS3 owners are attracted like flies on a UV light like this.

Selnor made it very clear it was his opinion when he put the question mark after GOTY..  and still was being ignored.

I posted once, got my popcorn and started watching..              

how can he have an opinnion on a game that didnt come out yet???? he just uses every chance possible to hype every xbox 360 exclusive and to shit on competitior games...

Try reading the OP and debtaing his ACTUAL opinion in this thread.  If you don't have any interest in the game then just don't click on these threads, in fact when you see a thread started by Selnor just don't enter if you're this incapable of being civil.  I don't see you in GT5 threads downlplaying peoples excitement for the game, you're just being a hypocrite to be frank with that statement.  Believe it or not Selnor hypes every 360 game, exclusive or not, that he is interested in because he loves gaming and is excited about new titles.  If he had a PS3 then he would probably be the same on that consoles games, he doesn't though so why would he ever get hyped about games he cannot play???

my post wasnt related to the game but on selnors flawed opinnion and on how he shits on competitiors games all the time. But i do have some interest in this game, and i couldnt care less about GT5. Also, i've never seen selnor hyping an xbox 360 game that is also on PS3. show me an example please. I saw him hyping Mass Effect 2 as having the best graphics, that Dantes Inferno is GOW on steriods (eventhough GOW3 diddnt even came out when he said that) that Metro 2033 will be 85+ game, but the game recived medicore reviews, i also heard he hyped the hell out of Forza 3, and god knows how many other diffrent games. But he doesnt forget to slam a competitors game from time to time. and i cant even imagine what he's gonna do when Gears 3 and Halo: Reach are about to come out...

Actually he hyped MW2 and Crysis 2 as having the best graphics too which are PC, 360 and PS3 titles but for some reason you guys forget stuff that punctures you arguments.  The point stands you don't have the right to derail and insult Selnor in every thread he starts if the behaviour he exhibits in that thread is acceptable like it is in this case.  If you have a problem with Selnor posts then reoprt them, personally speaking his behaviour has been fine in most of his recent threads and any problem is too many pro Sony fans are getting away with murder breaking rules left right and centre.

Forza 3 was worth all the hype, the game is amazing, mind you I've played it so would know that of course.  Any slamming going around Forza's release wasn't Selnor slating other games it was GT fans ruining every single Forza thread not unlike all the Sony fans ruining EVERY Alan Wake thread right now. 

Everybody criticizes games, the difference is many GAMERS on this board don't talk about games as being on "competitors" consoles because we see the games for what they are not what console they're being released on.  I make no money from Sony or Microsoft selling software so why should anybody refer to a game releasing on another platform as a competitor?  It seems you have a issue with games not on the PS3 when you start refering to everything in black and white, it's not a very pretty picture.

he also hyped ME2, go check it out, and saying MW2 has better graphics than KZ2 is stupid, dont you think? And i think he knows that KZ2 looks better MW2.it looks like he wants a game on xbox 360 that looks better than KZ2 very bad. And i never ever insulted him, if i did, please tell me where, so that i can be more carefull next time.Also, if ''Sony fans''(because they are the only people that disagree with selnor, and thats just because they are sony fans) broke forum rules they would be banned than. Why dont you use your own advice you gave to me, and report some sony fans if you have problem with them.

The only Forza 3 threads that got slammed was either a)mentioning/comparing itself with GT5  b)Graphics comprassion(and this isnt only Sony's fans fault)  c)Turn 10 trash talking about GT5 and poliphony digitall. I did a little research and Official Forza 3 thread didnt get ruined by GT5 because unlike other Forza 3 threads, this one didnt mention and attack GT5 and it was about Forza 3 only.

Some gamers do, and in this case, selnor never forgets to slam some good looking PS3 game...

Around the Network
libellule said:
pizzahut451 said:
slowmo said:
pizzahut451 said:
Mvp4eVa said:
slowmo said:
d21lewis said:
I was only able to read the first 125 posts before I gave up. What the hell, people? What the hell?

Don't you just love the Mircosoft boards on this site

I loled, I imagen the Sony forums are empty and lonely lately and maybe nothing going on there or possibly boring .. 

Microsoft forums is where all the buzz goes on and all or most PS3 owners are attracted like flies on a UV light like this.

Selnor made it very clear it was his opinion when he put the question mark after GOTY..  and still was being ignored.

I posted once, got my popcorn and started watching..              

how can he have an opinnion on a game that didnt come out yet???? he just uses every chance possible to hype every xbox 360 exclusive and to shit on competitior games...

Try reading the OP and debtaing his ACTUAL opinion in this thread.  If you don't have any interest in the game then just don't click on these threads, in fact when you see a thread started by Selnor just don't enter if you're this incapable of being civil.  I don't see you in GT5 threads downlplaying peoples excitement for the game, you're just being a hypocrite to be frank with that statement.  Believe it or not Selnor hypes every 360 game, exclusive or not, that he is interested in because he loves gaming and is excited about new titles.  If he had a PS3 then he would probably be the same on that consoles games, he doesn't though so why would he ever get hyped about games he cannot play???

my post wasnt related to the game but on selnors flawed opinnion and on how he shits on competitiors games all the time. But i do have some interest in this game, and i couldnt care less about GT5. Also, i've never seen selnor hyping an xbox 360 game that is also on PS3. show me an example please. I saw him hyping Mass Effect 2 as having the best graphics, that Dantes Inferno is GOW on steriods (eventhough GOW3 diddnt even came out when he said that) that Metro 2033 will be 85+ game, but the game recived medicore reviews, i also heard he hyped the hell out of Forza 3, and god knows how many other diffrent games. But he doesnt forget to slam a competitors game from time to time. and i cant even imagine what he's gonna do when Gears 3 and Halo: Reach are about to come out...

you forget about Metro2033 that is on PC and Xbox360, but not on PS3

Thank you pizzahut451 to help people around understand that it is not about this specific thread but a whole bunch of flamming thread that were made by selnor, started the same and finished the same.

Neverthless, too bad for you, they will support selnor whatever you said ...

Here here!

And for the omfg sony fans are so bored and hence they are here cuz they are scar3d and can't voice an opinion etc etc = epic LOL :D Selnor only has himself to blame for this shit storm, and selnor PLS don't try to sound like your all innocent. You even went after other games in the first few pages and made the situation worse. Voice off on the tragedy that is ignoring your '?" all you want but yur recent threads + comments you made here in the first few pages lead to this

Well at least it's some kind of publicity for the game right? :D That's a good thing

And I agree, A mod should close this thread, it was derailed from the OP itself

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

JerzeeBalla said:
Its funny how people on this site act like only Sony fans ruin threads. Every thread I go in, its Sony fans this, Sony fans that. Damn, toughen up. You say you dont care, just enjoy the games, blah blah. Then you let some insecure fanboy get you all riled up and out of character.

If a fanboy starts saying some dumb shit, ignore them. Dont quote them and argue, that extends the foolishness. Dont try to be logical with them, doesnt work. Just report the post to a mod, and ignore it in the thread so it doesnt get derailed.

On topic (so Im no derailing also) I will once again state that I am extremely excited to play this. This and Heavy Rain were my 2 most hyped new IP's this year. Heavy Rain delivered, and I think its safe to say Alan Wake will as well.

How can Sony fans be ignored on a Microsoft thread when dozens of them dont stick with the original topic.  You can ignore 2 or 3 trolls ok,  but it gets to a point that enough is enough. We Xbox owners can't talk on our own thread without being interrupted by an outsider.  Thats BS.

I can say in this thread are like 20 or less Xbox 360 users give or take and the rest are Sony fanatics

It seems that some 360 games doesn't have a shot for Goty more less be technically superior for that certain group. 

Its Ironic when trolls say they have their right to opinion and give their opinion about someone's opinion and state theirs as fact..  

If I say In My Opinion ME2 is equal or slightly better looking than U2 ..  VGchartz.com would seize and will be down for 2 or 3 days due to high web traffic ..    But again is My Opinion, don't I have the same right to it?

My Trigger Happy Sixaxis controller

Sony fans or not (many Xbox fans can think like Sony fans in some cases), some of you guys get really sensitive when someone says that one of your most anticipated game doesn't look that interesting to them.

It's like everyone has to praise everything in that game, otherwise you call him a troll or a fanboy. Both of which are prohibited in the forums.

I see many hypocrites here.

Hynad said:

Sony fans or not (many Xbox fans can think like Sony fans in some cases), some of you guys get really sensitive when someone says that one of your most anticipated game doesn't look that interesting to them.

It's like everyone has to praise everything in that game, otherwise you call him a troll or a fanboy. Both of which are prohibited in the forums.

I see many hypocrites here.

I don't know if that was towards me, if not my bad,  hypocrite is not a word to me,  check my history, do you see me in any of the Sony forums at all or trolling?.  think not.

My Trigger Happy Sixaxis controller

Around the Network
Mvp4eVa said:
JerzeeBalla said:
Its funny how people on this site act like only Sony fans ruin threads. Every thread I go in, its Sony fans this, Sony fans that. Damn, toughen up. You say you dont care, just enjoy the games, blah blah. Then you let some insecure fanboy get you all riled up and out of character.

If a fanboy starts saying some dumb shit, ignore them. Dont quote them and argue, that extends the foolishness. Dont try to be logical with them, doesnt work. Just report the post to a mod, and ignore it in the thread so it doesnt get derailed.

On topic (so Im no derailing also) I will once again state that I am extremely excited to play this. This and Heavy Rain were my 2 most hyped new IP's this year. Heavy Rain delivered, and I think its safe to say Alan Wake will as well.

How can Sony fans be ignored on a Microsoft thread when dozens of them dont stick with the original topic.  You can ignore 2 or 3 trolls ok,  but it gets to a point that enough is enough. We Xbox owners can't talk on our own thread without being interrupted by an outsider.  Thats BS.

I can say in this thread are like 20 or less Xbox 360 users give or take and the rest are Sony fanatics

It seems that some 360 games doesn't have a shot for Goty more less be technically superior for that certain group. 

Its Ironic when trolls say they have their right to opinion and give their opinion about someone's opinion and state theirs as fact..  

If I say In My Opinion ME2 is equal or slightly better looking than U2 ..  VGchartz.com would seize and will be down for 2 or 3 days due to high web traffic ..    But again is My Opinion, don't I have the same right to it?

"20 or less Xbox 360 users and the rest are Sony fanatics"

Yeah, dude, Sony fans are all braindead bots and Xbox 360 fans are angels. Seriously, that's just a downright asinine thing to say.

The "stating opinions as fact" argument goes both ways. I've noticed numerous users here who claim "Sony fanboys are the worst" are just as equally sensitive if not worse (and no, I'm not mentioning names), and also always try to downplay any positive news for Sony.

Give it a rest. I'm getting sick of these weak, fallacious arguments.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Xmanny2009X said:
selnor said:
leo-j said:
How did they get owned? The trailer is good but it's not THAT amazing that it destroys RE and SH..

The comments from IGN, Gamespot etc in the trailer. Gives the impression of 94+ meta. One comment even states GOTY contender. Funny enough only 2 games this year have ha comments like that from reviews. Mass Effect 2 and now Alan Wake.

Another comment stated it one-ups TV. I really cant wait to play this. Especially the tech of the engine. That was goddamn the best video Ive seen on tech for consoles.

Im sorry selnor but i can't take you seriously.  I do not mean to offend you but you sound like a *f word* if you know what i mean. And no i do not mean f*cker.  You are so hyped up.  Calm down.  I will admit this game does look amazing but you need to calm down.  Only thing i do not like about this game is how Alan moves.  He just doesn't move right.  He moves like he has something stuck up his a**.  Just saying.  And again i hope i am not offending you.

DUDE WTF? I'm sorry but that is so fucking out of line you should be ashamed. This is a game, and an opinion by a guy who is perhaps a bit overboard in his 360 love. But that doesn't give you any right to say things like that to him. It makes you look foolish and tarnishes the brand that you are clearly a fan of. If you think seinor is wrong (as is quite possible) then say so, but don't turn this into a mudslinging match. 

Is this where we have come to as a gaming community?

This thread makes me ashamed to be a member.

XBL: WiiVault Wii: PM me  PSN: WiiVault

PC: AMD Athlon II Quadcore 635 (OC to 4.0ghz) , ATI Radeon 5770 1GB (x2)

MacBook Pro C2D 2.8ghz, 9600m GT 512 iMac: C2D 2.0, X2600XT 256

averyblund said:
Xmanny2009X said:
selnor said:
leo-j said:
How did they get owned? The trailer is good but it's not THAT amazing that it destroys RE and SH..

The comments from IGN, Gamespot etc in the trailer. Gives the impression of 94+ meta. One comment even states GOTY contender. Funny enough only 2 games this year have ha comments like that from reviews. Mass Effect 2 and now Alan Wake.

Another comment stated it one-ups TV. I really cant wait to play this. Especially the tech of the engine. That was goddamn the best video Ive seen on tech for consoles.

Im sorry selnor but i can't take you seriously.  I do not mean to offend you but you sound like a *f word* if you know what i mean. And no i do not mean f*cker.  You are so hyped up.  Calm down.  I will admit this game does look amazing but you need to calm down.  Only thing i do not like about this game is how Alan moves.  He just doesn't move right.  He moves like he has something stuck up his a**.  Just saying.  And again i hope i am not offending you.

DUDE WTF? I'm sorry but that is so fucking out of line you should be ashamed. This is a game, and an opinion by a guy who is perhaps a bit overboard in his 360 love. But that doesn't give you any right to say things like that to him. It makes you look foolish and tarnishes the brand that you are clearly a fan of. If you think seinor is wrong (as is quite possible) then say so, but don't turn this into a mudslinging match. 

Is this where we have come to as a gaming community?

This thread makes me ashamed to be a member.

Chill. He's been banned. He doesn't represent the majority of the gaming community in any way.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

hilarious Thread.

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

selnor said:
Hynad said:

Selnor: Game of the Year 2005 according to IGN: http://bestof.ign.com/2005/overall/25.html

Spike Award for Game of the year 2005: Resident Evil 4

Metacritic's PS2 Game of the Year 2007: http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ps2/godofwar2

Yeah, I could continue on, but I think you've been owned more than enough already.

*sigh*

The guage for GOTY is IAA. Interactive Achievement Award. It is also the only award recognised by Wiki. Halo 2 had 84 GOTY nominations from outside media hence winning the title. as well as winning Excellence in Audio at the Game Developers Choice Awards. All 2005.

You just got owned mate. Highly.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halo_2

Love the way you used review media or spike lol for GOTY. Little point. Games like Half Life 2 or Halo have IAA awards. Not media awards. Have you ever watched Spike. It's laughable. Heck they gave GTA4 GOTY. How bad was that event. Unbearable.

"Only award recognized by Wiki".  You serious dude?  The only award that is recognized by Wiki is whatever the last person that edits that page wants to accept.  Sorry, but no respectable publication will ever accept Wikipedia as a credible source.  I can go on Wiki right now and write that Halo 2 was the worst game ever created.  You criticize others for using other media, yet you yourself use Wiki like it is the Bible.  LOL.  Guess I don't ever need to take your posts seriously anymore.