By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Windows 7 officially hits 100 million licenses

Windows 7 FTW!

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad

Around the Network

Well deserved and that's a lot of revenue.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

If you are still gaming on XP then you need to upgrade now.

I still have Vista :(

Worth every sale too.

Good Job MS. Windows 7 is awesome and I love it.

Around the Network

I plan to get Windows 7 when it's most convenient.

I had Vista for a year and a half. It came pre-installed on a computer that I purchased. I hated it just like everyone else, but when I first turned it on, I remember thinking to myself, "This is a modern operating system". It just looks, and somehow feels different than XP et al. in a way I can't really put my finger on, but it is there.

Windows 7 is what Vista should have been. It is all the things I liked about Vista, and none of the things I hate. With Vista on this machine, I was able to shut it down properly one f****** time in the final four months I had that OS. I got a copy of Win7 Pro in November for free through the MSDNAA, and I dumped Vista over Thanksgiving break. Since then, I have had only one problem with it: AMD refused (until March 26, finally...) to make a driver for my graphics card that let me take advantage of its GPU. But other than that, I have had zero problems with it.

My computer has not crashed at all since I got Win7. Like, not even one time, in almost half a year. And I don't exactly play nice with this thing either. The only time I even managed to get a BSOD was when I tried loading a display driver written for 32-bit Vista machines (this one has Win7 and a 64-bit processor), and I really don't think I can fault the OS for that one :P

<insert awesome signature here>

aragod said:
Well if you take in account that every big corporation including goverments instantly buy multilicences for newest Windows it's not that impressive.

So, which government is buying Windows 7 licenses?  If you are talking about the U.S. Government, I would have to say you don't know what you are talking about, as I work for the Air Force and we are just now finishing upgrading all computers from XP to Vista.

Senlis said:
aragod said:
Well if you take in account that every big corporation including goverments instantly buy multilicences for newest Windows it's not that impressive.

So, which government is buying Windows 7 licenses?  If you are talking about the U.S. Government, I would have to say you don't know what you are talking about, as I work for the Air Force and we are just now finishing upgrading all computers from XP to Vista.

I'm not from US (thanks god!), but the general trend is to upgrade for the latest Win version everywhere. Just because you work in military, doesn't mean that science or bureaucratic body haven't upgraded. My family works in science and our largest goverment science body have upgraded to Win 7 couple of weeks after their release. And the fact that you are upgrading your PCs for Vista (the difference between 7 requirements against Vista is basicaly none) doesn't mean that goverment haven't made contract with MS that allows them multilicensed W7 already.

MY HYPE LIST: 1) Gran Turismo 5; 2) Civilization V; 3) Starcraft II; 4) The Last Guardian; 5) Metal Gear Solid: Rising

Move over Wii Sports, Windows 7 game pack has you beat!

OT: I changed over from Vista 64 to Windows 7 64 on this machine and I can hardly tell much of a significant difference aside from it being a little more responsive UI, faster booting and spiffy tweaks here and there like the application bar. Its just a refined Vista really not that I felt Vista was terrible, just a little rough.

Tease.