By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Windows 7 officially hits 100 million licenses

so theres about 500 million copies being used?!?!?!?!

┌∩┐d[•̪●]b┌∩┐

Around the Network

You're making it sound like everyone has decided Windows 7 is what they are going to select when they buy a new PC, as if they have any choice at all, unless they buy an overpriced MAC.

llewdebkram said:
You're making it sound like everyone has decided Windows 7 is what they are going to select when they buy a new PC, as if they have any choice at all.

Me? if so, not what i was going for. More so all the hacked copies

┌∩┐d[•̪●]b┌∩┐

Nice to hear, i like this OS very much!

now i can't live without that window snapping feature where you drag a window to the side and it automatically fills half of your screen, also love being able to move a window while maximized... just moving around in this OS feels so fluid and natural :)

miz1q2w3e said:
Nice to hear, i like this OS very much!

now i can't live without that window snapping feature where you drag a window to the side and it automatically fills half of your screen, also love being able to move a window while maximized... just moving around in this OS feels so fluid and natural :)

The snap feature is very useful (though I use the keyboard shortcuts rather than dragging them as I use a touchpad)

I miss it at college when backing up work to various drives.

Around the Network
Squilliam said:
Move over Wii Sports, Windows 7 game pack has you beat!

OT: I changed over from Vista 64 to Windows 7 64 on this machine and I can hardly tell much of a significant difference aside from it being a little more responsive UI, faster booting and spiffy tweaks here and there like the application bar. Its just a refined Vista really not that I felt Vista was terrible, just a little rough.

for average home use this is pretty much spot on. Where Vista really blew was any kind of business networking environment.

I still have Vista on my main PC, and Windows 7 on my HTPC since it's brand new. I like 7 better, but not enough to pay for an upgrade.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

All I can say is...

Ka-ching

nordlead said:
Squilliam said:
Move over Wii Sports, Windows 7 game pack has you beat!

OT: I changed over from Vista 64 to Windows 7 64 on this machine and I can hardly tell much of a significant difference aside from it being a little more responsive UI, faster booting and spiffy tweaks here and there like the application bar. Its just a refined Vista really not that I felt Vista was terrible, just a little rough.

for average home use this is pretty much spot on. Where Vista really blew was any kind of business networking environment.

I still have Vista on my main PC, and Windows 7 on my HTPC since it's brand new. I like 7 better, but not enough to pay for an upgrade.

Networking huh? Maybe thats why I have never been able to get my Vista PCs to network/share files properly!

Tease.

From what I know businesses do NOT upgrade straight away,l or even a year after a NEW OS is released, is this correct Squill?

100 million in 6 months is just ... wow.

You are right- most businesses don't tend to move to a new version of an OS straight away, and government departments certainly don't. Upgrading hundreds, potentially thousands of PCs isn't a trivial task, especially when you have to be certain that any legacy applications will work with the new OS. That's before you get to the cost as well- the main company I contract for would need to replace over a thousand PCs currently running XP, as they wouldn't be able to run Windows 7 satisfactorily.