By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 Hiting 8 Mil Before 08'?

I think it's likely, the PS3 was doing about as well as the 360 before all this recent pricedrop and 40 gig stuff. Consdiering that as Tears mentioned above 360 sold 2.8 the PS3 should be able to do close to that.

Then again maybe not, since the PS3 does have two strong competitors... and the US economy being weaker. Either way if the 360 reaches 16 the PS3 should reach 8.

Around the Network

The PS2 will steal a ton of sales too. The Singstar bundle wont help much in Europe.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Kasz216 said:
I think it's likely, the PS3 was doing about as well as the 360 before all this recent pricedrop and 40 gig stuff. Consdiering that as Tears mentioned above 360 sold 2.8 the PS3 should be able to do close to that.

Then again maybe not, since the PS3 does have two strong competitors... and the US economy being weaker. Either way if the 360 reaches 16 the PS3 should reach 8.

Just a nitpick, but wasn't the PS3 doing considerably worse than the 360 until the price drop and 40 gig?

white devil said:
Kasz216 said:

Then again maybe not, since the PS3 does have two strong competitors... and the US economy being weaker. Either way if the 360 reaches 16 the PS3 should reach 8.

Just a nitpick, but wasn't the PS3 doing considerably worse than the 360 until the price drop and 40 gig?

If you align the launches the PS3 has been doing as well as the 360 did it's first year... i believe anyway.

@ Lost Tears of Kain )

Uhm .. the 360 actually sold 2.0 million in the 5 week timeframe 26th of nov '06 -> 31 of dec '06 according to VGChartz - or atleast that's what I got from this chart: http://vgchartz.com/hwcomps.php?cons1=Wii&reg1=All&cons2=PS3&reg2=All&cons3=X360&reg3=All&start=39047&end=39082&weekly=1

Around the Network

^ i told him that in the other thread....2.8 million is what the 360 did in the last 9 weeks of 2006....we have 6 weeks left (if we take out the current PAL numbers)

i sure hope so, i want sony to catch up with the 360 and the wii. the more aggresive these 3 compete the more us consumers win.

even selling 7.3 that would mean they sold faster then the 360.

What was the first year vs first year anyways?

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

end of 06 for 360 was 7.8 million... but it was released a couple of weeks later (then again PS3 was released much later in Europe)

fabledgamer said:
i sure hope so, i want sony to catch up with the 360 and the wii. the more aggresive these 3 compete the more us consumers win.

it'll never get there if game delays and weak games continue