By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I just finished a game - The Official Thread.

This thread is for every gamer on ANY platform. If you just finished a game, post here and tell VGC how the game was. You don't have to write a 5 pages review (you can if you like to ), just give us a small idea what the game is and how it works.

You are not limited in any way. When you just finished a classic game on a Arcade machine you bought from ebay, post it.

You can give us a short rating if you like to.

The only rule is to mark spoilers. This thread should be a help for gamers and not ruin their gaming experience.

So whenever you finish a game, make sure to come here and post it.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Around the Network

I just finished God of War: Betrayal on my mobile.

Next up is Devil May Cry 4.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

i just finished SC:C on the hardest level, and man how many times i have died loool
great game tho took me around 10 hours to beat it.

I am a proud GRAPHICS WHORE.

A few days ago I finished Splinter Cell Conviction:

The game is not a typical Splinter Cell game like the ones before. This might be a good or a bad thing for you depending if you liked the older Splinter Cells before. The graphics are quite nice, but what really made me happy was the sound. I really liked the German synchro, even though the bad guys are pretty stupid. That doesn't ruin the experience. Yes, they are stupid, but it is fun to kill them. Mark and execute is a great feature. The gadgets are fun and necessary, especially if you are in the later stages of the game. To finish the singlepülayer took me about 7 hours. There is still the coop waiting for me, which I haven't played yet. This could keep me busy another 4 hours.

The game is much more about action than about stealth.

So I recommend you to pick this game up. It is fun.

MY Score:

9/10

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Just finished God of War III last night, really great game but like all God of War games it was over too quickly. Now I'll play around with the costumes and other bonus, I don't know if I'll try other difficulty levels, I think I'll rather go back to FFXIII post game missions.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

Red Steel II

The game does sport the best motion controls i've experienced on the Wii, though I still wonder what the Wii motion plus actually does.  The motion controls are utilized in a way that makes 'waggling' ineffective and takes the game in a direction tradition controllers wouldn't work.  The special moves and finishing moves are particularly satisfying, and in tough battles it is frantic enough you need some skill to pull them off.

The story is straightforward.  I like the western and oriental mix to the setting, though I am not the first person to suspect that is just an excuse for a gun and sword combo.  Speaking of guns, they aren't that terribly used.  The further you get, the less you use them.  I won't say they are useless, since in some situations they are almost necessary, but I don't use guns in an average fight.

The ending was somewhat annoying to me.  Without revealing too much, the game falls victim to what I refer to as 'endless last stage syndrome' where the last stage feels it lasts much longer than it should.  it also falls prey to the last boss being a severe difficulty spike.  I know the last boss should be hard, but it shouldn't take me 10 tried to defeat him (note that I am playing on hard mode.  note also that none of the other bosses took me more than 1 death to beat).

Overall, Red Steel II gives me an experience I haven't felt in other games.  It is fresh and interesting, and the plusses definitely outweigh the minuses.  If you have a Wii, I would definitely suggest buying the game.

I finished Modern Warfare 2 on Veteran yesterday.
Took me around 6-7 hours. MUCH MUCH easier than any other CoD game on Veteran.
The game is awesome of course. Don't need to mention that.

Finished Gears of War 2 today for the first time (bought an xbox360 a week ago) and it was simply awesome. The first was awesome, too, of course. My rating for Gears 1+2:  9.5/10

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

#1                                       #2                                      #3

Finally got around to finishing Doc Louis's Punch-Out today. The day before, Sonic Unleashed(Wii). And the day before that, Resident Evil (Wii Edition).

Pixel Art can be fun.

i just finished assains creed 2 two days ago, the game was amazing, very entertaining and big step up considering i hate the 1st.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good