By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Turn a PSP into a PS2 with this Controller Hack

Turn a PSP Into a PS2 With This Controller Hack

I swear I keep having this dream where I'm playing my PSP and its controls have somehow morphed into a full-blown PS2 controller. This mod isn't exactly that, but it comes close.

This hack didn't require any hardware alteration in either the PSP or the PS2 controller - just a custom-made plug-in that enables the controller usage. Perhaps more impressive is the guy playing Full Auto 2 with one hand while he films with the other.

PS2 Controller Hacked To Control Your PSP [ubergizmo]

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

Around the Network

you can already do this with some PSPs without a hack and with PS3 controllers.

offtopic : you didn't answer ! , did you get Y3?

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

poor psp. i heard that you can run ds games on it. sony needs to leave the handheld market asap

jonnhytesta said:

poor psp. i heard that you can run ds games on it. sony needs to leave the handheld market asap

Hell no.

and with the PSPGo you can do that without a Hack:

an with TV out..

it's a great thing the PSPGo has bluetooth!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ipr2dnKlPo

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

Around the Network
Severance said:
jonnhytesta said:

Hell no.

You actually can run DS games on it, if that's what you meant by "Hell No" (perhaps you meant for both? Anyway, Sony shouldn't quit!)

Severance said:
jonnhytesta said:

Hell no.

couldn't have said it better myself the PSP is a wonderful bit of kit it a total shame it was never opened up to allow legal homebrew that would of been freaking amazing Bring on the PSP 2

Xen said:
Severance said:
jonnhytesta said:

Hell no.

You actually can run DS games on it, if that's what you meant by "Hell No" (perhaps you meant for both? Anyway, Sony shouldn't quit!)

i was talking about the "Sony needs to leave the handheld market ASAP"

joeorc said:

an with TV out..

Wow, I never knew PS2 controller had bluetooth in them!!! Oh, wait they don't, only the inferior PS3 controllers do...too bad... DS2>DS3.

That's an awesome mod though, I wish my PSP 3000 had CFW and that I had the box to hook up a ps2 controller. Then I could use my PS2 joystick as well with games. Not to mention my ps2 music game controllers.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

smbu2000 said:
joeorc said:

an with TV out..

Wow, I never knew PS2 controller had bluetooth in them!!! Oh, wait they don't, only the inferior PS3 controllers do...too bad... DS2>DS3.

That's an awesome mod though, I wish my PSP 3000 had CFW and that I had the box to hook up a ps2 controller. Then I could use my PS2 joystick as well with games. Not to mention my ps2 music game controllers.

Lol inferior ? they're the same thing.