By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Alan Wake Metacritic hate!

slowmo said:
greenmedic88 said:
huaxiong90 said:
PearlJam said:
These people are a really sad bunch if you think about it. Doomed to a lifetime of virginity, and probably no social life outside of their friends Solid Snake and Kratos. Pathetic, I almost feel sorry for them...almost.

Let's not forget that Remedy's PC fanbase could be with them. The PC fanbase did the same to MW2 for removing dedicated servers.

Exactly.

How many PC fans gave MW2 a "1" for just that reason?

I chose not to buy the game instead.  Giving them a user review of 1 on metacritic doesn't hurt them, refusing to buy their game does, unfortunately too many people were all bluster and no action and rewarding them with sales.  There has been no firm announcement saying never for Alan Wake on PC yet so I don't buy it, sure they said they have no plans but that's not them saying never.

A lot of people just pirated the game instead. If someone actually played the game before they rated it on the basis of one factor (servers), presumably that's exactly what they did. I'm guessing there weren't too many user reviews that read "I can't believe I paid $60 for a game that doesn't even support dedicated servers!" I'd wager to say there were none.

Plenty of people played the game (and are still playing the game) but never paid for it. But in this instance, the pirates were vastly outnumbered by the mass of ordinary gamers who actually buy their games because they simply don't game enough to get into the world of pirated games.

And I completely agree; user review scores on Metacritic generally don't add up to anything.

As for Alan Wake on PC, I'd still rather play a DX11 enabled version of the game playing at 1920x1080 with full effects enabled. I just don't know if I'd wait say... a year before playing the game, or even six months.

Plus I'm pretty sure that as of now the official word from Remedy is "there is no PC version of Alan Wake" which may well just mean it won't be announced until after the Xbox has enjoyed the benefits of its "exclusive" debut sales.

Around the Network

Shaaaadaup. Alan Wake doesn't scare anybody, not the PS3 or the fanboys...and most likely not even the people playing the game. Let the haters hate and if the game turns out to be good, you can make another thread and laugh at them.

selnor said:

Wo. Alan Wake is the lowest scoring user rating on Metacritic for any 360 game. The fanboys have gone to town on the game. Is it the visuals that scare them? Maybe the possibility of being the best Phsyc/horror game ever?

Not even Halo, Gears or Mass Effect has attracted this much attention from opposite fanboys. Is Alan Wake that much of a threat to the opposite fanboys? I can only guess it's all the visuals hype it's been getting.

It's at 1.9

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/alanwake

Now don't you see why there is a need to get Goes-to-11 reviews into Metacritic?  They help counter nonsense like this.  Since people only care about what the score is, and not the content, what Goes-to-11 gives the game goes far to counter this... and no one will actually need to read anything else.

Probably all of Sony's staff voted ;)

Right on metacritic's page it says...

"[Note: Ignore the user vote tally above. They are very old votes from people who have not played the game. They will be zero'd out before the game is released.] Alan Wake is a psychological action thriller, a unique new take in the world of ..."

A bunch of 11 ratings wouldn't offset a bunch of 1 ratings unless Metacritic didn't use averages and instead threw out a 1 for every 11 scored via user rating.

I'm not even sure why anyone is even validating these scores given by people who haven't even played the final version of the game at all much less finished it regardless of whatever false claims they make on their "reviews."

All they're doing is completely invalidating ALL user scores.

Around the Network
Feylic said:
Maybe it's just that bad.

Or maybe because it's obvious that nobody's played it, you can stop posting this nonsense because it's a 360 exclusive.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

themanwithnoname said:
Feylic said:
Maybe it's just that bad.

Or maybe because it's obvious that nobody's played it, you can stop posting this nonsense because it's a 360 exclusive.

Funny how you said this about my post when you could just have easily said it about the OP... yeah.. funny..

fanboys be scared. Alan Wake will be the best game this year.

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad

Well if you check out the summary for the game on the Metacritic page you'll see this:

Summary

[Note: Ignore the user vote tally above. They are very old votes from people who have not played the game. They will be zero'd out before the game is released.]

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Torillian said:
CGI-Quality said:
Rickz0r said:
"You sir need to stop the insults. It's fine if you dont agree with Metacritic. But you gladly agree with a random Youtube guy who says PS3 has best exclusives. You only like to be posted what agrees with your Sony fanboyness. This thread is not necessarily my view and choices. But this is what Meta has at it's highest. I made that very clear.

I am gonna love to see your reaction to Alan Wake getting best graphics ever comments from alot of reviewers. Are you gonna take the whole world on?

This site does not belong to Sony Fanboys. And the lot of you ( even though you out number us ) need to remember that."

Try to help me understand two things....

A. Who are you talking to?

B. What was the need for any of that? It's off-topic and inflammatory. To dispaly the kind of behavior you're complaining about is a little word that starts with an "h".

OT: Happens all the time. Look at LBP, HEAVY RAIN, Gears 1, Resistance, etc...etc.... It's unfortunate, no matter what group is responsible. As long as it doesn't sway anyone, which if it does, I'm sure it's a small %, then it's trivial.

He is quoting Selnor with a post he made that seemed to have absolute faith in Meta.  Now I personally think that it's a crappy argument because the user votes on Metacritic are in no way as trusted as the review aggregates which Selnor meant in that quote.

Cheers for clearing that up. :)