By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Why buy first day?

How long has it been since Red Steel 2 came out? 1 month only

well here's the result:

http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/nintendo-wii/red-steel-2/10052846.html

Red Steel 2

RRP: £39.99 You Save: £22.04

Wii £17.95 Free Delivery

now I'm only shopping in the UK internet stores, but the best deal there was before was a messup by amazon that priced the WM+ version at the same price as the regular (29.9)

And RS2 also droped on amazon (albeit less).

----------------

So after this great example... why would you buy your games first day?

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Around the Network

I don't or at least very rarely.

Impatience is pretty much the only reason.

I rarely buy first day, but some games I buy as soon as I see them, either out of impatience or out of fear I might never see them again.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Well, Nintendo games rarely gets a price drop, so... first or last day is the same.

BTW... No bundles, no price drop... Nintendo is so rich it's not even funny. Well, maybe a little.

Cause you really want it and can't wait to get it....And if you have the money why wait? Also if you have friends who are waiting for game X aswell you can play immediately with them online like I did with Gears of War 2. Wait a few months and you have the possibility they are not interested in playing game X online but game Y.

Except Halo 3 I find it hard to find one of my friends playing a game with me online;

Around the Network

If you think a game is going to sell like sh*t or has too high expectations on the retailer side, then it could drop in price pretty fast.

I think I can count on one hand the number of times I've bought anything first day, the last time was Gran Turismo 4.

andremop; this is true, Galaxy still costs 499NOK here, same with Twilight Princess, one out of several things that deter me from buying a Wii any time soon.

famousringo said:
Impatience is pretty much the only reason.

I rarely buy first day, but some games I buy as soon as I see them, either out of impatience or out of fear I might never see them again.

Lol.

Only 2 games have I regretted picking up because they dissapeared. Godfather:Blackhand Edition (which I am not so bothered about anymore anyway) and Metroid Prime Trilogy.

Because sometimes if you wait real close to the release date, you won't get the bundle/limitted edition shit you wanted to begin with.

i.e. Monster Hunter 3 http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=119791

GETTIN' CHRONOCRUNK

I do that because im a freaking nerd

MY ZELDA COLLECTION