By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 39 million Xbox 360's sold? how does it make sense?

Microsoft latest numbers have come out and they report 40.2 million shipped Xbox 360's

Is that possible that there are only 700,000 Xbox 360's in stores in the entire world now? I'm talking about 39 million sold according to VGChartz

Around the Network

MS 40.2 million covers until the end of March, or approximately the week ending April 3rd. That would be a 1 million difference between shipped and sold, a little low, so either MS overshipped the previous quarter or VGC overtracked a bit or both. I trust ioi and if he sees the need for adjustments he'll do so, otherwise he won't.

Seems about right, 700,000 being enough stock for 5 weeks or so.

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

MS overshiped last quarter.

Well, it's probably more than 700k.

1.2 mill on shelves March 31st (ish)

It was a lot higher than this over Jan - March, so I think ioi has it spot on, over the coming months it should fall even lower.

Around the Network

Maths - your doin it rong.

40.2 - 39 = 1.2 million

i had somethin to say but the two people posting above me said it for me.

what i dont get is that during the last report it seemed as if there were 2 million ps3s on shelves and soon after there were shortages. doesnt that mean there are more ps3's sold?

I have posted a thread on this as well, as i think it's over tracked, sorry but I think it needs to be adjusted down to at least 39.02 million due to what ioi said last time, knowing our luck it wont happen tho;)

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

gl with your bet jneul halo reach opening week might be pretty tough hopefully sony will have something to answer that.