By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Do we know how much Elite Beat Agents has been selling?

The only info I've heard is that initial figure of 128,000 units during its first three weeks. Considering Ouendan tanked in Japan, has EBA done comparitively better?

Around the Network

It has tanked has well in NA ,even Reggie Fils Aimee was vocal about his   deceivment  about its sales .

I believe it's under 150k for the US. Most of these sales came in December.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Seems strange that the Japanese version wasn't a huge seller, and not only did they bring it to the western market, but they're making a sequel....

I have to imagine the development costs on a game like this are pretty minimal, which I think this  the whole point of DS and Wii software.  You don't have to sell 2 Million to do ok.

..That or they might feel that it can move some DS hardware, therefore making them a little bit more profit.

..Or Nintendo entered into a contract with the 2nd party to make 2+ games before sales came in for the game.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network
Diomedes1976 said:

It has tanked has well in NA ,even Reggie Fils Aimee was vocal about his   deceivment  about its sales .

But by this, you must first know what Reginald's sales expectations were initially. I'm sure he (NOA) was expecting a few hundred-thousand copies. MP:H managed to garner 300k+ iirc.

"The things we touch have no permanence."

Well I plan on getting it someday, and I don't think a sequel is uncalled for. It's more of a niche game I guess.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

BenKenobi88 said:
Well I plan on getting it someday, and I don't think a sequel is uncalled for. It's more of a niche game I guess.

Ben, don't put this one off. It is one of the very best DS games yet released, you won't be disappointed.

"The things we touch have no permanence."