By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How long does each console have left on the market?

I'd say around 2 more years for all of them.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Around the Network

2-5 years for all of them.

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

Wii has a long life

scottie said:
Before they stop being available first hand in shops in the USA

Wii 4-5 years
PS3 2-3 years
360 2 years

I'm going to be lazy and agree with Scottie but to be honest it's pretty much exactly what I was going to say.

i know the wii life will be longer then other Nintendo systems so i will say an extra 3 more years?

as for ps3 and 360

ps3 3-4 more years and 360 2 more years

Around the Network

3-4 years each. DS has another 2 years, PSP like six months (in the west anyway).

360 and PS3 will be off shelves before Wii.

Xbox 360: ~4 years
PS3: ~4 years
Wii: ~2 years.

I simply don't expect Nintendo to keep the Wii on the market after the successor is released.

Tease.

xbox 360: 1 year
wii: 2-3 years
ps3: 3-4 years

personally i think wii will win this generation, but i hope ps3 takes 2nd by at least 2011

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

@ Squilliam - I think we've had this discussion before, but Nintendo has always in the past kept their consoles on the market for as long as they sell. The NES and SNES lifetimes made the PS2 look short lived. The only short lived consoles nintendo have had have been their two consoles that were powerful compared to their competition but sold badly

@ jneul - are those predictions when the next console will come out? or when they will no longer be available on the shelves?

i believe both nintendo and microsoft will launch their next console between september and christmas 2012. ps4 may arrive the year after.

Become a fan of I Love Videogames on facebook! The most updated and fun italian videogame fanpage on facebook! click here!

Also visit I Love Videogames: a new and fresh italian videogaming site! click here!