By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Japanese Poll: 8% Will Definitely Buy A Nintendo 3DS

http://kotaku.com/5520525/japanese-poll-only-8-will-definitely-buy-a-nintendo-3ds?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+kotaku/full+(Kotaku) 

"Would you like to get the recently-announced Nintendo 3DS, featuring 3D that doesn't require special glasses?

Want to buy: 8.8 percent

Interested in it, but currently don't want it: 55.8 percent

Don't want it: 35.3 percent"

well looks like there is a lot of interest for a device that we know next to nothing about to me. But it's being reported as only 8% would buy it which I find strange lol.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Around the Network

Nintendo may be smart to wait until next year to release this in Japan.

yeah I think that they (as well as us) don't know too much about it, so it might be a little early for them to do a poll right now...i say after we get some new info (say after E3?)

I started making videos for youtube; check them out.

Contra (No Deaths): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_OdnbGgupM

Super C (No Deaths): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHoJrHWATgU

Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! (Mike Tyson TKO): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4L7oDV79aw

Systems owned: Atari 2600, NES(3), Top loader NES, Yobo NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, Sega Gamegear, Sega Nomad, Sega Saturn, Nintendo 64, Gamecube, Playstation 2, Wii, PS3 (slim 120 GB), Wii U

You should congratulate me. I destroyed the vile red falcon and saved the universe. I consider myself a hero.

xbebop said:
Nintendo may be smart to wait until next year to release this in Japan.

why would that be smart? they would miss out on the end of year sales there is no reason not to release it this year they have already announced it and a release window (by April 1st 2011) the only reason not to is to wait for more games to be made, but one Nintendo game should be enough to spur sales. I mean there is plenty of time to build hype for it and some leaks suggest that that devs have had development kits since at least the start of the year and that it is roughly at the same level as the gamecube so it should be easy to port gamecube and Wii games to it so there could be a few good games by launch even if half of them are ports or rushed, I think we may see a few PSP games ported as well.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

I wonder if they ask any question like "Do you know what 3DS is?" or "Have heard about recently-announced Nintendo 3DS before?".

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

Around the Network
saicho said:
I wonder if they ask any question like "Do you know what 3DS is?" or "Have heard about recently-announced Nintendo 3DS before?".

well considering "Out of the 1,059 polled, 42.1 percent stated that they own either a Nintendo DS, DS Lite, DSi or a DSi XL — or any combination of them." 702 individuals answered the 3DS question...

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Thats what happens when 90% of the people you ask don't play video games

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

8.8% should never be reported as 8%

Anyway, decent number considering there are no games announced for it, and we have no idea as to cost or hardware

8% of 127 million is 10 million. Japan has 10 million people who want to buy the 3DS, a system that has zero announced games. It's a system nobody's even seen yet. I think that number is amazingly high.

Wii has more 20 million sellers than PS3 has 5 million sellers.

Acolyte of Disruption

scottie said:
8.8% should never be reported as 8%

Anyway, decent number considering there are no games announced for it, and we have no idea as to cost or hardware

fine 9% then lol yea thats what I thought I found it weird that people were calling that number bad, I mean there aren't many gadgets that people would be willing to buy without any real info about it. and the fact that over 58% were interested in it just shows how big nintendo/DS is in Japan and how much they like 3D, well it is when you consider only 42.1% of those polled own a DS . 

@TheVoxelman on twitter