By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo faces a dangerous piracy threat

If Nintendo launches the Wii in China, what are they going to do about the Vii?

Around the Network
Mnementh said:
ArtofAngels said:
HOLD ON!!!

WAIT A SECOND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This R4 thing can play SNES games?

Terranigma portable.... drools, If I could get this on my DS I will pirate without hesitation.

With every flashcard for the DS (including R4) you can use some emulators, including two for the SNES: http://www.snemul.com/ds/ http://www.cs.utah.edu/~tew/snesDS/

Yes, but neither of those run all that well.  It's not like the PSP which can run emulators flawlessly.  There are graphical errors on some games and some games (Super Mario RPG) don't run at all.  The R4 is still nice to have for movies and music, but it's not all that good an emulation tool.

How do you think the PS2 manage to sell 120 million consoles... or the PSOne sell a lot of consoles but neither could break the SMB3 record in software sales??? It is because they were easy to mod... sony's victory in the past two generations was only thanks to piracy... don't forget that US sales also include south america... where nearly 99% of the ps2 where modded... in fact they were only sold modded it was nearly impossible to find an unmodded ps2... only in south america there were sold 20 millions PS2... in Argentina, Brazil and Chile you can buy backup games in the street without any problem for as much as 5 dollars...

I think piracy is what makes X console the winner in each generation after the appereance of high speed internet... the real reason why the wii and the xbox360 are ahead in sales in comparision to the ps3 is because of piracy... what nintendo realize, IMO is that they need piracy at least the first year and half to push sales... that's why they didn't change the chipset configuration and the Wii has the same vulnerabilities as the Gamecube and that's why it was so easy to mod... only with the release of the new D2C chipset and the new protection on SMG they unable a certain type of mod devices to be used on the wii... piracy is a something hardware companies need in order to push sales...

im not trying to kick a dead horse here but ...

Legend11 you really sound like a fanboy and a coward with these hit and run comments.

I say grow some bro.

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

weezy said:
im not trying to kick a dead horse here but ...

Legend11 you really sound like a fanboy and a coward with these hit and run comments.

I say grow some bro.

I just posted on the story THAT WAS COVERED BY JUST ABOUT EVERY GAMING RELATED WEBSITE.  Is that so hard for you to understand?  I also don't appreciate the coward comment and I don't think such comments and behaviour should be tolerated on this website.

Around the Network

Weezy calling someone a coward is an insult and that's not acceptable. This is a warning.

I don't know why you are all attacking Legend at all for posting this. I agree it's odd that this story suddenly sprung up everywhere, but most major gaming news sites had this story up and Legend couldn't have known R4s have been out for a long time. He had every right to post this news. Stop attacking him for it.

Let's see you post some negative news for the Xbox then Legend. :)

Also I'm not sure saying someone is "starting to sound like a coward" is the same as calling them one, but splitting hairs doesn't get us anywhere I suppose.

How could I? There are so many people already searching for every piece of bad news they can dig up on it and eagerly posting it here.

Okay this is stupid. The topic has been resolved and now it's just attacking legend and arguing. I'm locking this. Move along everyone.