By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 16 - Brawlsville

c03n3nj0 said:
I just realized my sig looks like it's going after boobs...

You're too young for that.

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

Around the Network

I feel like voting for the master hand, he gives me the jeebies!

I'm here.

TruckOSaurus said:
What do you guys think about the roleclaim = vanilla townie rule?

Personally I'm not sure about it. Was there a big issue with too many people roleclaiming or something?

Nikells said:
TruckOSaurus said:

Personally I'm not sure about it. Was there a big issue with too many people roleclaiming or something?

M0j0 said that he didn't want a follow the cop mentality >:]

Which annoys the crap out of me most games, so I say I like it!

dsister44 said:
Nikells said:
TruckOSaurus said:

The follow the cop mentality isn't bad in itself. In a mafia game we need information and the cop can provide some of the most valuable and reliable information out there. It's when people aren't willing to do anything because they're waiting on the cop that this mentality can cause serious problems (like in game 15A).

It's better to enter a game thinking that there's no cop and make deductions based on the information we have than hold back waiting on information that could be provided by a potential cop.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:

The follow the cop mentality isn't bad in itself. In a mafia game we need information and the cop can provide some of the most valuable and reliable information out there. It's when people aren't willing to do anything because they're waiting on the cop that this mentality can cause serious problems (like in game 15A).

It's better to enter a game thinking that there's no cop and make deductions based on the information we have than hold back waiting on information that could be provided by a potential cop.

I just find the game gets boring when people do it.

Guy 1: Let's scum hunt

Guy 2: No, let's wait for the cop.

>.>

dsister44 said:
I just find the game gets boring when people do it.

Guy 1: Let's scum hunt

Guy 2: No, let's wait for the cop.

>.>

A fair point: we definitely shouldn't be waiting on cop investigations that might not happen.
I don't know if its so bad it needs a special rule that also adds a lot of restrictions to the game though. I'm a little worried that if there is a cop they will hold back on revealing investigations (and maybe even get killed before they can reveal them) because they don't want to risk losing their abilities.

It's not that big of a deal to me anyway: I'm willing to try it.

dsister44 said:

Or maybe you like it so much because now you don't have to worry about being investigated and turning out to be scum since the cop can't role claim.

Also, can we please have a chart with the list of players in the OP.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

supermario128 said:

Or maybe you like it so much because now you don't have to worry about being investigated and turning out to be scum since the cop can't role claim.

Also, can we please have a chart with the list of players in the OP.

Maybe you should read the other mafia game from last round :P

See how good following the cop helped them 

^^Yeah I know about last round...

Also, dtewi and theRepublic still have yet to post. Still too early to conclude anything from that, but usually the people who lay low are scum.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089